||Network Voice Engineer-Associate
Midco has been blazing trails since 1931, bringing innovation to the world of telecommunications and delighting customers with exceptional service. Through ambition, imagination
and a genuine commitment to each other, Midco proudly serves more than 385,000 residential and business customers in 342 communities in Kansas, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, and Wisconsin. We’re also dedicated to making our communities better places
to live, work and play. Ready to work at Midco? We thought so. Here are a few more reasons why Midco is one of the best places to work:
- Free and discounted Midco services
- Tuition reimbursement
- Support of employee involvement in the communities we serve
- Employee referral program
- Wellness programs
MidcoCareers.com to learn about employment opportunities and apply today.
Design, enhance, and maintain all aspects of the Midco voice network.
- Design and maintain all aspects of the Midco voice network. This includes, but is not limited to: LAN, WAN, and MAN networks, routers, switches, ACD platform and optical shelves.
- Implement voice network configurations.
- Propose new voice network design ideas.
- Perform complex voice system upgrades related to the voice network.
- Design, implement, and troubleshoot voice routing translations.
- Implement changes in outbound dialer, ACD workgroups, agent builds, recordings, workflows, IVR menu routing and call campaigns.
- Possess technical subject matter expertise in one of the following specialties: security, transport, routing, cable modem termination system (CMTS), traffic engineering, voice,
ACD/IVR routing, dialer platforms, video or wireless.
- Manage outages, identify root cause, and resolve all voice network issues within allowed service levels.
- Communicate and maintain up-to-date, accurate documentation for passwords, diagrams, security, etc.
- Actively manage, monitor, test, and maintain voice routers, switches, ACD platform, optical shelves, etc. Report significant activity to the Network Operations Center and
keep detailed statistics regarding these activities.
- Proactively ensure that the Midco voice network is secure from outside attack or penetration.
- Proactively plan for future capacity and execute related action plans.
- Possess ability to work independently on all Voice Engineer Entry level elements.
- Possess an in-depth knowledge of the Midco voice network and its components.
- Remain current of new information and technologies and attend related training courses as needed.
- Provide effective “on-call” support and be prepared to work other than regular business hours as necessary.
- Engage vendors to assist in design, installation, and trouble shooting.
- Ensure viable disaster recovery and back up plans are in place for all systems.
- Maintain current, valid driver’s license and good to excellent driving record (DUI within the last 5 years disqualifies employability of this position).
- Operate and drive a Company vehicle in accordance with Midco’s “Use of Vehicle for Company Business” policy.
- Oversee the development of system utilities and tools.
- Communicate effectively and professionally in all forms of communication with internal and external customers.
- Adhere to Midco privacy guidelines to ensure each customer’s privacy.
- Maintain regular attendance and to arrive to work on time as required by your position.
ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Function as an effective team member while supporting the efforts and concepts of other departments.
- Mentor new hires and existing staff as required.
- Support the mission, vision, and values of Midco.
- Apply personal ethics, honesty, initiative, flexibility, responsibility and confidentiality in all areas of responsibility.
- Possess an enthusiastic, energetic, self-motivated, and detail-oriented approach towards work and all work projects.
- Possess strong problem solving and decision-making skills while using good judgment.
- Multi-task and change from one task to another without loss of efficiency or composure.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you get along with customers, clients, co-workers and management.
- Identify opportunities for improvement while creating and implementing viable solutions
- Actively follow Midco policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Note: Management reserves the right to assign or reassign functions and responsibilities to this job description at any time.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
- Bachelor’s or Associate Degree in related industry and/or equivalent job experience required.
- Five or more years of network experience required.
- CCNA Voice, CCDA, CCNP Voice certification preferred.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or carry loads of up to 70 lbs.
- The noise level in the work environment is moderate.
- May be required to climb (with proper equipment), ladders, and other structures as necessary.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts. The Employee must be able to work in an outdoor environment year around
in all weather conditions. The Employee is occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock, radiation, and vibration.
Employees may be required to work in excess of 40 hours per week and other than normal business hours, such as holidays, evenings and weekends as business demands. Midco is
an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status,
age, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
- The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure
is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41
||Send This Job to a Friend