Midco has been blazing trails since 1931, bringing innovation to the world of telecommunications and delighting customers with exceptional service. Through ambition, imagination
and a genuine commitment to each other, Midco proudly serves more than 385,000 residential and business customers in 342 communities in Kansas, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, and Wisconsin. We’re also dedicated to making our communities better places
to live, work and play. Ready to work at Midco? We thought so. Here are a few more reasons why Midco is one of the best places to work:
- Free and discounted Midco services
- Tuition reimbursement
- Support of employee involvement in the communities we serve
- Employee referral program
- Wellness programs
MidcoCareers.com to learn about employment opportunities and apply today.
Locate existing underground cable and identify locations for bury drops.
- Locate and mark underground wire, lines, and cable; identify and mark locations of new cable to be dropped and buried underground.
- Retain knowledge of procedures and equipment required to locate existing underground cable.
- Possess proficiency in the operation of locate and bury drop equipment.
- Locate and mark existing underground radio frequency cable, fiber optic and distribution lines, etc.
- Read, comprehend, and utilize cable system maps and plans.
- Maintain records, including daily logs and gas sheets.
- Produce and maintain timely and accurate documentation.
- Operate and drive a Company vehicle in accordance with Midco’s “Use of Vehicle for Company Business” policy.
- Possess knowledge of Midco’s safety program (Target Zero), practice and enforce safety rules and procedures; operate all equipment in a safe manner.
- Communicate effectively and professionally in all forms of communication with internal and external customers.
- Adhere to Midco’s privacy guidelines to ensure each customer’s privacy.
- Maintain regular attendance as required by your position.
ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Mentor new hires as required.
- Function as an effective team member while supporting the efforts and concepts of other departments.
- Support the mission, vision, and values of Midco.
- Apply personal ethics, honesty, initiative, flexibility, responsibility and confidentiality in all areas of responsibility.
- Possess an enthusiastic, energetic, self-motivated, and detail-oriented approach towards work and all work projects.
- Possess strong problem solving and decision making skills while using good judgment.
- Multi-task and change from one task to another without loss of efficiency or composure.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you get along with customers, clients, co-workers and management.
- Identify opportunities for improvement while creating and implementing viable solutions.
- All employees are required to actively follow Midco policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
- High school diploma or GED required. Some college or vocational training preferred.
- Previous electronics or telecommunications experience is preferred.
- Maintain a current and valid driver’s license and good to excellent driving record. A DUI within the last 5 years disqualifies you from employment in this position.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or carry loads of up to 70 lbs.
- The noise level in the work environment is moderate to loud.
- While performing the duties of this position, the employee is frequently exposed to outside weather conditions and may occasionally be exposed to moving mechanical parts,
high, precarious places, risk of electrical shock, and risk of radiation and vibration.
- Employees may be required to work in excess of 40 hours per week and other than normal business hours, such as holidays, evenings and weekends as business demands.
- Must be able to climb poles, ladders, and other structures with proper equipment.
- Must be able to work from elevated heights and in tight spaces such as attics and crawlspaces.
Midco is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender
identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
- The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure
is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41
||Send This Job to a Friend