||NOC Technician II
Midco has been blazing trails since 1931, bringing innovation to the world of telecommunications and delighting customers with exceptional service. Through ambition, imagination
and a genuine commitment to each other, Midco proudly serves more than 385,000 residential and business customers in 342 communities in Kansas, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, and Wisconsin. By the end of 2017, most of our customers will have access
to Midco Xstream® Gig – blazingly fast internet with download speeds of up to 1 Gbps. We’re also dedicated to making our communities better places to live, work and play. Ready to work at Midco? We thought so. Here are a few more reasons why Midco
is one of the best places to work:
- Free and discounted Midco services
- Tuition reimbursement
- Support of employee involvement in the communities we serve
- Employee referral program
- Wellness programs
MidcoCareers.com to learn about employment opportunities and apply today.
Provide advanced comprehensive support for multiple aspects of the Network Operations Center (NOC), by monitoring, evaluating, troubleshooting, and performing daily tasks to
support internal and external customers.
- Engage in proactive and reactive monitoring of the multi-service fiber optic network and related services, including video, telephone, Internet, and Enterprise IT services.
- Evaluate network alarm conditions and service outages; follow procedures to validate and classify potential impact and escalate to the appropriate personnel.
- Document and actively coordinate resolution of service outages; assist in troubleshooting and pinpointing service outage components.
- Engage in activities to further advance the monitoring platforms such as creating network diagrams, network maps and process enhancements.
- Generate reports for engineering teams such as transport bandwidth utilization, power supply battery health and others as requested.
- Log and document network events as they occur.
- Communicate with users, group members, Engineering, Field OPS, and Management regarding service outages and/or equipment malfunctions.
- Demonstrate advanced proficiency in all areas of NOC operations and handle moderately complex maintenance and troubleshooting duties.
- Coordinate efforts with third parties and vendors to resolve problems and issues as they arise.
- Provide timely, comprehensive support to internal customers; achieve resolution to outstanding problems or issues.
- Perform preventative maintenance testing on the network as scheduled.
- Perform proactive health checks as part of normal surveillance.
- Compile timely, comprehensive, and accurate documentation and/or reports as requested.
- Possess an in-depth knowledge of network resources and components, software monitoring tools, data communications protocols and hardware, and the video, Internet, and telephone
- Possess strong, comprehensive technical and computer skills, including various applications, operating systems, etc.
- Read and comprehend technical literature.
- Update process documentation and internal knowledge base to ensure all procedures are known.
- Track performance and capacity using basic statistical concepts and tools.
- Be ready, willing, and able to travel.
- Communicate effectively and professionally in all forms of communication with internal and external customers.
- Adhere to Midco privacy guidelines to ensure each customer’s privacy.
- Maintain regular attendance as required by your position.
ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Effectively communicate with other departments to handle any escalating issues in a timely manner.
- Train and guide new hires as required.
- Function as an effective team member while supporting the efforts and concepts of other departments.
- Support the mission, vision and values of Midco.
- Apply personal ethics, honesty, initiative, flexibility, responsibility and confidentiality in all areas of responsibility.
- Possess an enthusiastic, energetic, self-motivated, and detail oriented approach towards work and all work projects.
- Possess strong problem solving and decision making skills while using good judgment.
- Multitask and change from one task to another without loss of efficiency or composure.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you get along with customers, clients, coworkers and management.
- Identify opportunities for improvement while creating and implementing viable solutions
- Actively follow Midco policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
- Associate’s Degree or Vocational Certification required. Focus in Technology required.
- NCTI Operations Center Technical Support I certification or equivalent NCTI/SCTE certification required.
- Advanced knowledge of Internet protocols as well as a strong knowledge of RF signal processing as it relates to DOCSIS protocols and ability to read and understand AutoCAD
- Advanced understanding of SolarWinds and other monitoring platforms is required.
- Knowledge of digital video design and deployment methods.
- Minimum of two to three years of internal proprietary methods of service delivery is preferred.
- One to three years of previous NOC experience is required.
- NCTI OCR (Operations Center Rep) program or MNOCR (Master Network Operations Center Rep) certification to be completed while in the position is preferred.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or carry loads of up to 50 lbs.
- The noise level in the work environment is moderate.
- Employees may be required to work in excess of 40 hours per week and other than normal business hours, such as holidays, evenings and weekends as business demands.
Midco is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual
orientation, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
- The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure
is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41
||Send This Job to a Friend