||Information Security Architect
Midco has been blazing trails since 1931, bringing innovation to the world of telecommunications and delighting customers with exceptional service. Through ambition, imagination
and a genuine commitment to each other, Midco proudly serves more than 385,000 residential and business customers in 342 communities in Kansas, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, and Wisconsin. We’re also dedicated to making our communities better places
to live, work and play. Ready to work at Midco? We thought so. Here are a few more reasons why Midco is one of the best places to work:
- Free and discounted Midco services
- Tuition reimbursement
- Support of employee involvement in the communities we serve
- Employee referral program
- Wellness programs
MidcoCareers.com to learn about employment opportunities and apply today.
Lead and direct information security initiatives that provide continuous improvement to Midco’s information security operations and assurance activities. Support policy development
and apply technical expertise to achieve business objectives, manage risks/threats, support compliance, and manage access in order to safeguard Midco’s information resources. Advance security awareness and education through all levels of the organization
- Lead initiatives that provide the highest possible level of cybersecurity for the organization including protection, detection, education, and forensics.
- Create, revise and implement security incident management plans and support integration of plan components into the company’s overall contingency plan.
- Plan and conduct security incident management plan exercises and identify methods to improve internal coordination and communications to rapidly respond to security incidents.
- Continually track and improve the company’s security performance and risks to the NIST Cybersecurity framework.
- Remain abreast of security trends and advancements in technology and practices. Recommend and implement new methods to limit inventory threats, mitigate risks and facilitate
risk acceptance decisions to business management.
- Compile and present current threat and vulnerability information for updates to security education/training material and security threat reports. Translate and communicate
complex security data to facilitate business leaders and staff understanding of risks.
- Develop and maintain local security policies, standards, guidelines and daily operational procedures. Identify, test and implement processes and/or tools that facilitate achieving
business objectives while complying with applicable security requirements.
- Plan, develop and lead the security communication, education and outreach program to instill company-wide ownership and responsibility for information security.
- Assign tasks and serve as a mentor and coach.
- Provide security project management oversight for projects implemented by internal staff or a third party ensuring the projects meet the established scope, timeline and budget.
- Interact with senior management and external groups for planning and budgeting purposes.
- Direct emergency mitigation and containment controls.
- Participate in business continuity and disaster recovery planning as well as system security and data confidentiality.
- Research, evaluate and recommend information security hardware and software, and create business cases for security investments.
- Take a technical lead for security incidents providing review and advice on impact assessment, cause and effect analysis, etc.
- Maintain strong working relationships with technical and non-technical teams involved with information security matters (Legal, Business Development, Internal Audit, Physical
Security, Developers, Networking, Systems, etc.).
- Work closely with Network Engineers and Server Administrators and actively monitor systems for attacks and intrusions.
- Adhere to Midco’s privacy guidelines to ensure customer privacy.
- Maintain regular attendance to be available to provide direction and communication to team members.
ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Apply personal ethics, honesty, initiative, flexibility, responsibility and confidentiality in all areas of responsibility.
- Possess an enthusiastic, energetic, self-motivated, and detail oriented approach towards work and all work projects.
- Possess strong problem solving and decision making skills while using good judgment.
- Multitask and change from one task to another without loss of efficiency or composure.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you get along with customers, clients, coworkers and management.
- Identify opportunities for improvement while creating and implementing viable solutions
- Actively follow Midco policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
- Bachelor Degree or an equivalent level of education required. IT, Computer Science or Software Engineering degree preferred
- Minimum of 7 years of Information Security experience, including experience in systems security, network security, penetration testing, and incident response required.
- Minimum of 4 years leading security initiatives.
- Successful record of accomplishment in Information Security execution and delivery.
- Experience in leading employee education and awareness initiatives.
- Experience in lead investigation and mitigation of security-related incidents.
- Familiarity with public facing or external (Internet/Web applications) application security and sound understanding of security principles, such as network security, identity
and access management, vulnerability management, and secure coding.
- Experience performing application risk, business impact, security control, and vulnerability assessments.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee may occasionally lift and/or carry loads of up to 30 lbs.
- The noise level in the work environment is moderate.
- Employees may be required to work in excess of 40 hours per week and other than normal business hours, such as holidays, evenings and weekends as business demands.
Midco is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual
orientation, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
- The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure
is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41
||Send This Job to a Friend