||The Lease Operator is responsible for monitoring and reporting on production and other pertinent well information and provides maintenance on production equipment. The position applies basic and some advanced skills to perform routine and complex operations
using tools and equipment appropriate for the energy industry. Applies a general understanding of the technical concepts, practices, and procedures, and has a general knowledge of industry standards and government regulations related to the oil and gas industry.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Gauge production on assigned wells and record gauge readings, downtime and other pertinent well information into production system
• Perform lease maintenance such as minor surface pump and production equipment repairs and adjustments; trim weeds, clean up trash, etc.; grease pumping units, service lease equipment, etc.
• Note problems and/or recommend course of actions to supervisor in order to minimize costs and maximize production
• Assist in witnessing meter calibrations; monitor rates and pressures on injection and disposal wells; monitor chemical use; test safety systems daily to maximize production
• Assist with pump and compressor maintenance such as oil changes, obtaining oil sample for analysis, tests and repairs
• Attend and participate in daily production meetings, monthly safety meetings, and quarterly well reviews
• Utilize SCADA to monitor and evaluate well performance and facility status, respond to SCADA alarms if required
• Perform work in a manner that ensures the secure and environmentally safe operation of all wells, equipment, and leases for which pumper is responsible
• Conduct other task as required by supervisor which are unique to the assigned geographic area
• Must be self-motivated, strong ethics, ability to work with minimum supervision, have reliable attendance and demonstrate flexible cooperative behavior in the workplace
||KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
• High school diploma or GED required
• Must meet and maintain eligibility requirements to drive a company vehicle
• Must have a general knowledge of safe oil and gas production operations
• Must have experience using computers and inputting data, use of MS Word and MS Excel is a plus.
• Must have an interest in gaining knowledge of engineering principles and an understanding of subsurface and surface equipment and operations
• Must be able to perform simple mathematic calculations, have a good mechanical aptitude, good writing skills and a good safety and driving record
• Must be dependable and have ability to work overtime, if necessary
||Send This Job to a Friend