||Sr. Staff Completions Engineer
Laredo Petroleum, Inc., an independent oil and gas exploration and production company based in Tulsa, Oklahoma, is seeking a Senior Staff Completions Engineer. This position will be based in Tulsa, Oklahoma or Midland, Texas.
This position will be responsible for leading our Company-wide completions design optimization and technology implementation efforts, with primary focus on improving well performance and economics and optimizing field development. Broad expertise in unconventional
fracturing techniques, including both operational and technical experience, is required. This position will be responsible for understanding current industry knowledge and best practices related to unconventional completion techniques and will be responsible
for disseminating this knowledge across the Company and driving effective decision making.
||PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Recognize, prioritize and promote techniques that optimize our asset specific completion designs.
• Provide broad technical understanding of what the industry is doing relative to recent completion designs and the resulting impact on well economics.
• Evaluate the detailed operational requirements and operational execution feasibility of recommended completion design changes and/or tests.
• Evaluate the detailed well economics of recommended completion design changes and/or tests.
• Drive cost savings and/or operational efficiency improvements into completions optimization selection process.
• Develop, implement and steward detailed experimental design and analyses methods to effectively field test new completions technologies.
• Work with third party vendors to implement field tests.
• Drive knowledge sharing with key partners and industry peers.
• Work as key team member supporting multi-discipline completions optimization technical team, frac modeling technical team and management team.
• Develop and maintain analyzable database of completions and well performance results.
• Lead completions optimization decision making process across all disciplines including Completions Engineering, Reservoir Engineering, Production Engineering, Geology & Geophysics, Development Planning and Corporate Planning.
• Prepare effective communication tools and presentations to support management decision making.
• Analyze and capture lessons learned to ensure continuous improvement. Promote transfer of lessons learned and best practices throughout engineering, technical and field staff.
• Implement and administer company policies and procedures as delegated by management.
• Mentor less experienced staff and complete other engineering and leadership support duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
• BS Degree in Engineering.
• Minimum of 15 years completions engineering experience in the oil and gas industry.
• Team player with strong leadership skills to effectively influence and work across multiple disciplines.
• Expertise in the areas of fracturing operations, fracturing technologies, completions efficiency evaluation techniques and experimental design.
• Knowledge of reservoir and production engineering practices, refrac methods and fracture modeling techniques.
• Strong time management, computer and analytical skills.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to manage risk and uncertainty within business decision making processes.
• Must be self-motivated, strong ethics, ability to work with minimum supervision, and demonstrate flexible cooperative behavior in the workplace.
||Send This Job to a Friend