||Staff Facilities Engineer
||The Staff Facilities Engineer position designs and supports construction of surface facilities. This position will work closely with the field staff to ensure safe facility design and optimized operation of the facilities.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Designs upstream surface facilities, vets facility design with all stakeholders, and prepares facilities AFE’s and all supporting documentation.
• Prepares bid packages for construction. Provides technical specs and coordinates material purchases with Procurement.
• Tracks actual project costs vs. AFE. Continuous improvement in cost estimating and project execution.
• Participates in Pre-Startup Safety Review to ensure that the facility is built per AFE design scope and is safe to startup.
• Oversees third party drafting and specialized engineering outside of Laredo necessary to complete assigned projects
• Models gas, oil, and water systems and keeps current for optimization and trouble shooting.
• Assists Operations with root cause analysis of incidents / failures and develops action plans to prevent recurrence. Previous experience with corrosion, cathodic protection and metallurgical failures preferred.
• Provides day to day Facilities Engineering support to Field Operations.
• Troubleshooting process problems, providing recommendations, and implementing solutions for resolution.
||KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
• BS Degree in Engineering.
• Requires a minimum of 7 years of engineering experience in oil and gas industry.
• Knowledge and experience with upstream production equipment: separators, tank batteries, pipelines, compressors, flares, VRU’s, LACT’s
• Practical experience with the application of API, ASME, and NACE engineering standards.
• Past project management experience is required.
• Requires self-motivation and the ability to work within company guidelines and timelines while remaining focused on safe and operationally robust design of oil, gas & water facilities.
• Ability to effectively work in a team environment.