||Laredo Petroleum Inc. has a 2018 summer intern opening in Tulsa, OK. A Geology student is being sought to fill this summer internship position.
The Laredo Intern Program is designed to provide real-world exposure to the role of a Geologist within a mid-sized US oil company. As an integral part of our team, you will be provided a challenging project that will develop your technical geoscience abilities.
You will spend the summer working closely with an experienced mentor and will be assigned various technical tasks designed to provide you with learning opportunities while delivering meaningful contributions to Laredo.
The project is designed to improve the intern’s understanding of their technical discipline and application within a company environment. Near the end of the summer a formal presentation summarizing completed work will be given to both technical and management
teams as an opportunity to showcase their work and the value for Laredo.
Project will include:
• Permian Basin literature review
• Develop proficiency in mapping software
• Data inventory/audit, quality control
• Understand regional stratigraphic framework
• Assemble geological data, interpretations, maps
• Well-site visit
• In addition to the summer project, the Geology Intern will make recommendations to the Team and Management concerning high-graded areas for exploration and development.
||• Education Level: Junior and Senior level candidates graduating between December 2018 – May/June 2019
• Candidates will have a minimum GPA of 3.0
• Possess a keen interest in reservoir engineering processes and the application of hard sciences to real work applications
• Must be able to work collaboratively in a team-based environment
• Meet and maintain eligibility requirements to drive a Company vehicle
• Have authorization to work for any employer in the U.S. on a full-time, indefinite basis without need for sponsorship now or in the future
All applicants must apply on-line, www.laredopetro.com.
Laredo Petroleum Inc. will take necessary action to ensure that applicants are treated without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, veteran status or other protected status under
applicable employment law. Laredo Petroleum, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Provider.
||Send This Job to a Friend