||The role of the Geological Advisor is to assess and review exploration, appraisal and development plays in order to optimize Laredo’s acreage position within the Permian Basin. Principal job duties as a member of the Exploration & Geosciences Technology
Team are to characterize the subsurface geology, develop exploration concepts, delineate economic play extents and mitigate risk through incorporating all available subsurface data types. This position requires collaboration with team members, other departments
including operations and engineering and leadership. Also, it requires the integration of large quantities of both publicly available and proprietary geological, petrophysical and geophysical data. Being a team-player is fundamentally important to the incumbents’
success in this role.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Utilize proven oil-finder geological skills to enhance Laredo’s acreage position
• Develop geological models and interpretations from subsurface data to guide regional exploration and appraisal programs
• Review rock and petrophysical data to identify key geologic parameters linked to well productivity
• Collaborate closely with ongoing sequence stratigraphic assessments of Laredo’s existing acreage position and integrating interpretations within a consistent framework
• Recommend opportunities for drilling to management and maturing prospects to drill-ready status incorporating the appropriate quality control
• Continuously improve geological workflows to facilitate detailed reservoir characterization, including facies, rock type and sequence stratigraphic framework as appropriate
• Work with petrophysicists, geophysicists, geologists, geotechs and engineers to integrate multiple data types into descriptive reservoir models
• Integrate key engineering (including production & completions) data into geological analysis
• Collaborate and integrate work into Laredo’s proprietary Earth Modeling and multivariate analytics workflows
• Participate in building and updating technical work plans, keeping management apprised of project status
• Apply latest techniques and technology to advance geological expertise at Laredo
• Mentor geoscience staff as necessary on techniques and workflows
• Advise manager on value adding potential projects, workflows and techniques
||KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
• B.S. Degree in Geology required
• Master’s degree in Geology, Geophysics, or associated Petroleum Geosciences preferred
• Minimum 12+ years’ experience
• Proven oil-finder in unconventional plays, with the ability to integrate and assimilate all available data (of various types, ages and sources) into a valid, reliable and consistent interpretation.
• Experienced in integrating structural framework, uncertainty analysis, geophysical and petrophysical data into geological analysis.
• Experienced in interpretation of both conventional and unconventional reservoirs.
• Interpersonal skills to participate in dynamic team projects within an integrated team environment.
• Must have the ability to work with multiple and diverse sources of data and make quality decisions.
• Must have the ability to accomplish goals and objectives, drive business results and take personal responsibility for decisions and actions.
• Must work collaboratively with others within own team and across the organization.
• Deals comfortably with uncertainty and can deal constructively with issues that arise.
• Experienced in providing clear and actionable solutions.
||Send This Job to a Friend