||The role of the Senior Geophysicist, as a member of the Exploration & Geosciences Technology Team, is to integrate geophysical data into the assessment of exploration, appraisal and development plays. Success in this role will require frequent collaboration
with other departments including operations and engineering. The position will require the integration of large quantities of both publically available and proprietary geological, petrophysical and geophysical data. Being a team-player is fundamentally important
to the incumbents’ success in this role.
• Work independently with minimal supervision to conduct seismic mapping, fault interpretation, synthetic-to-seismic tie, velocity model creation and depth conversion.
• Integrate structural framework, geological, and petrophysical data into geophysical subsurface analysis.
• Work with petrophysicists, geophysicists, geologists, geotechs and engineers to integrate multiple data types into geophysical models.
• Analyze & review pre-stack seismic data for reprocessing and inversion studies as necessary.
• Collaborate closely with ongoing sequence stratigraphic assessment of Garden City assets, integrating interpretations within a consistent asset-wide sequence stratigraphic framework.
• Provide geophysical support for an active drilling program, including participating in high-resolution geocellular model-building efforts to enhance technical assessments and well planning.
• Participate in ongoing proprietary Laredo Earth Modeling efforts, including support on inversion interpretation and analytics.
• Plan microseismic data collection efforts and lead advanced data analysis of Laredo’s comprehensive microseismic database utilizing Transform software.
• Build and update work plans, keeping both leadership and team-members apprised of project status.
• Apply latest techniques and technology to advance geophysical expertise at Laredo.
• Mentor junior geophysical staff on techniques and workflows.
• Advise manager on potential projects, workflows and techniques to fully characterize Laredo’s asset set.
||• B.S. Degree & Master’s degree in Geophysics, and associated Petroleum Geosciences
• 8-10 years’ experience minimum, 10-15 years desirable
• Experience working with vendors with seismic data processing QC, AVO gather conditioning
• Advanced seismic techniques including pre-stack inversion, geocellular modeling, AVO modeling, data analytics, neural networks and seismic attribute analysis
• Proficient in use of Transform, Petrel, Kingdom or Attribute Studio seismic interpretation platforms
• Experienced in interpretation of both conventional and unconventional reservoirs
• Interpersonal skills to participate in dynamic team projects in an integrated team environment
||Send This Job to a Friend