||The, Staff Attorney, will provide general assistance to and will work closely with the other attorneys in Company’s legal department and with all other Company departments. The Staff Attorney will report directly to the company’s Corporate Counsel. This
position will provide analysis and counsel on legal, policy, and SEC issues, anticipate and guard against legal risks facing the Company and work with business leaders to provide guidance on issues related to exploration and production business interactions.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Provide analysis and counsel on legal, policy and business issues to include, general oil and gas matters, Company contracts, mergers and acquisition activity, financial offerings, SEC reporting, compliance issues, non-disclosure agreements, etc.
• Write, review, and edit reports, opinions, correspondence, articles, and other documents.
• Write and administer complex vendor, client, and employment contracts.
• Provide legal counsel on issues arising from actual or anticipated lawsuits.
• Anticipate and guard against legal risks facing the Company.
• Conduct and coordinate research into a variety of legal issues.
• Prepare and/or review legal pleadings, motions, discovery, stipulations, etc.
• Develop and recommend procedural improvements.
• Other duties as assigned.
||KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
• Minimum of four year’s legal experience required. Oil and gas experience strongly preferred.
• Knowledge of federal, state and local laws.
• Bachelor’s Degree and Juris Doctorate from an accredited law school, exhibiting excellent academic performance.
• Must be able to work in team environment and collaborate effectively with business partners.
• Strong organizational, interpersonal and communication skills required.
||Send This Job to a Friend