||Laredo Petroleum Inc. has a 2018 summer intern opening in Midland, TX. A Petroleum Engineering student is being sought to fill this internship position.
The intern will work and receive training in performance drilling engineering. The successful candidate for this role will contribute to a multidisciplinary team of engineers to research performance specification of the motors used in our drilling operations
with focus on optimum parameters. Comparing LPI current operating parameters to the optimum performance parameters as published.
• Research performance specifications of the motors used in our drilling operations with focus on optimum performance parameters
• Validate LPI operating parameters against performance trends, primary ROP and recommendations for improved performance
• Work at the rig to gain operating parameters and limitors
• Rank current Pacestter metrics as to impact on overall performance and agree order of review
• Field time on the drilling rigs to observe and document repeated cycles of the chosen Pacesetter operation
• Provide time and motion analysis to identify key variables and performance limitors
• Develop documentation of Pacesetters SOP’s and best practices for the rigs
• Work with drilling engineers to identify best practices and recommendations for improvement
• Provide input into new motors used in our drilling operations