||The Land Advisor reports to the Vice President, Land. Responsible for acquisition and maintenance of Permian Basin producing properties as well as negotiations, maintenance and interpretation of all agreements required for exploration, development and
operations. Plans and directs projects and supplies land knowledge, leadership and consultation to professional co-workers. Represents Company in external discussions with WI owners and mineral/royalty owners.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES Majority of duties performed, but not meant to be all-inclusive nor prevent other duties from being assigned as necessary.
1. Direct field brokers to run title, acquire oil and gas leases, prepare run sheets and aide the company landman in curing title deficiencies; cure title deficiencies brought forth within division order and drilling title opinions.
2. Notify exploration and production personnel of all upcoming lease obligations and participate in determining contractual provision of various agreements contributing to the disposition of each obligation; monitor continuous development obligations for leases.
3. Acquire leasehold rights, and seek out trades, farmins and farmouts with operators to optimize land holdings; perform other A&D duties as necessary.
4. Provide all Land support to assigned area of responsibility, working with technical peers and other departments in support of company’s drilling program.
5. Regularly mentor lesser experienced staff.
6. Perform other duties as required or assigned.
||KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS Minimum education, experience, technical skills and licenses/certificates required to perform the duties of this position
1. Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent required; preferably BBA, PLM or JD
2. Minimum of 15 years of practicing Landman experience required
3. Strong Permian Basin experience as ‘in house’ Landman
4. Strong A&D experience, including due diligence work
5. Experience with oil and gas leases required
6. Working knowledge of oil and gas laws, rules, and regulations of Texas.
7. Excellent interpersonal skills and written/verbal communication skills
8. Strong attention to detail
9. Strong analytical skills
10. Capable of developing written communications appropriate for internal and external audiences
11. Ability to work closely with land, exploration, production, legal and financial departments in accomplishing common goals
12. Ability to work with landowners, outside joint venture partners, potential partners and governmental agencies
13. Ability to mentor other land department employees
||Send This Job to a Friend