||The Procurement Manager is involved in a project from the proposal/study phases up to the project close-out and handover of the project execution phase. The major interfaces are with project management, engineering, project controls and construction management
to ensure a cross functional implementation of materials management and contracts management processes. This position can be from either the Midland, TX office or Tulsa, OK office.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Responsible for drafting/coordinating/compiling Materials Management and Contracts Management strategies.
• Responsible for implementing all procurement processes and procedures including forms and templates.
• Responsible for the entire project procurement lifecycle from the procurement package definition stage to the closeout stage.
• Provides supervision, training and assistance to all procurement team members across Contracting, Purchasing, Expediting, Vendor Quality Surveillance, Logistics and Site Materials Control disciplines.
• Provides inputs for Project reporting as required.
• Verifies and ensures integrity of the entire procurement lifecycle, validates that all activities are carried out in accordance with the relevant procedures, maintains sound business practices in an ethical manner.
• Ensures compliance to and maintenance of the procurement filing system (electronic and hardcopy).
• Understands and manages the procurement and project strategies in order to provide the best outcomes in terms of scope, cost and time.
• Performs continuous self-audits to ensure compliance with guidelines and procedures.
• Acts as primary communication resource within the project regarding procurement issues.
• Foresees potential problems, slippage or delays and pro-actively implements corrective measures to resolve the issues or mitigates the impact.
• Provides reporting and updates to executive management.
• Plans, controls and monitors procurement activities in accordance with the approved project schedule.
• Ensures functional direction on all procurement issues, including contract issues, during contract administration and closeout.
• Ensures efficient and correct usage of Procurement Management Systems and Document Management Systems.
||KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
• Minimum 10 years’ experience in Procurement Management with capital projects, specifically in a management role
• BS or BA Degree in business, science or engineering related curriculum required.
• Related training in Contracts/Legal as well as general project and management related training
• Experience with drafting of commercial terms and conditions and an understanding of accompanying legal implications
• Proficient negotiation skills
• Excellent understanding of procurement processes which include both materials and contracts management and corporate governance principles
• Knowledge and understanding of quality systems, environmental, health and safety regulations, expediting techniques and Incoterms applications
• Experience and understanding of contracting and purchasing strategies
• Project management knowledge with proven managerial skills
• Experience in dispute resolution techniques and their applications
• Prior experience in the administration of construction/service contracts and major equipment purchase orders.
• Has a track record of driving results by consistently achieving results.
• Optimizes work process to ensure the most effective and efficient procurement processes are in place to accomplish goals of organization and company and has a focus on continuous improvement.
• Has the ability to develop talent in the organization through coaching, feedback, exposure and stretch assignments.
• Holds self and others accountable to meet commitments.
• Instills trust by gaining the confidence and trust of others internally and externally through honesty, integrity, and authenticity.
• Builds partnerships by working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
||Send This Job to a Friend