||Sr. Operations Engineer - LMS
The Senior Operations Engineer is responsible for ensuring that all Laredo Midstream Services infrastructure is operating at peak performance and to assist in the design and implementation of new field systems and processes. This position reports directly to
the Midstream Services Manager and will cover a wide range of disciplines including: pipeline chemical management, hydraulic system design, field controls and automation, frac water modeling, and gas measurement and analysis.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Majority of duties performed, but not meant to be all-inclusive nor prevent other duties from being assigned as necessary.
1. Optimize Midstream Services infrastructure by:
-Analyzing pressure and flow data from sensors on installed pipelines and systems to determine operational characteristics and to ensure systems are operating within design parameters
-Identify and develop solutions for poorly optimized systems and build procedures and processes to prevent reoccurrence
-Perform root cause and corrective action analysis on system failures
-Build new monitoring systems to allow for improved system awareness and enhanced operations
-Write AFEs and develop economic justification for projects, track projects through completion, and report results and system enhancements to executive management
2. Assist in the design of new infrastructure systems by:
-Working with Facility Engineers to scope, plan, and design new oil, water, and gas system infrastructure
-Working with Project Foremen to manage the actual construction of facilities and projects and to help them track costs and manage expenses during construction
-Attending multi-disciplinary team development meetings to provide input on system capabilities and limitations and to scope out the need for new supporting systems
-Working with production and Reservoir Engineers to forecast future production requirements and to ensure future development plans can meet demand
3. Specifically assist the following Midstream measurement departments:
-Oil Measurement – Help with Oil measurement calculations, over and short calculations and solutions, and new measurement equipment testing and trials
-Gas Measurement – Assist with meter sizing and automation/controls and ensuring API and AGA requirements are being maintained
-Water Measurement – Build and maintain working frac water pit models to ensure that completions water needs are met for varying size completions and numbers of crews
4. Collaborate with peers to identify and remedy problems and successfully accomplish various projects. Perform other duties as required or assigned.
Behavioral characteristics an employee must display in the job:
1. Ensures Accountability – Follows through on commitments and makes sure others do the same. Acts with a clear sense of ownership.
2. Drives Results – Persists in accomplishing objectives despite obstacles and setbacks. Has a track record of exceeding goals successfully.
3. Communicates Effectively – Is effective in a variety of communication settings: one-on-one, small and large groups, or among diverse styles and position levels. Provides timely and helpful information to others across the organization.
4. Instills Trust – Follows through on commitments and shows consistency between words and action.
5. Being Resilient – Is confident under pressure, handles and manages crises effectively, and maintains a positive attitude despite adversity.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
Minimum education, experience, technical skills and licenses/certificates required to perform the duties of this position
1. Engineering degree from accredited university required.
2. A minimum of 10 years of engineering experience is required. Oilfield experience or prior pipeline experience a plus
3. Strong computer skills and working knowledge of Microsoft Office Software (Word, Excel, Outlook) required.
4. Effective written and verbal communication skills required.