||Sr. Internal Auditor
||The Senior Internal Auditor will report directly to the Manager of Internal Audit and be responsible for performing vendor audits, investigating financial fraud, risk based audits, and other risk and control work as assigned.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Conduct vendor compliance and cost recovery audits in conformity with COSO framework and in accordance with IIA standards.
Conduct all investigations regarding vendor or financial fraud. Act as company representative and provide witness testimony in court or other judicial proceedings related to findings from investigations.
Write and present audit reports to management. Provide practical recommendations to improve operations and/or enhance the overall control environment
Evaluate processes and controls in accordance with GAAP, state and federal laws, regulations and company policy.
Perform risk assessments by evaluating internal controls, business operations and processes and technical environment to determine the areas of highest risk.
Work closely with external auditor(s), co-sourced internal auditors, or law enforcement.
Develop and maintain productive professional relationships with colleagues, auditees and management through individual contacts and group meetings.
||KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
• Requires Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Economics, Finance, Business Administration or related field; CIA, CPA or CFE a plus.
• Minimum of ten years of investigation experience related to vendor audits or financial fraud.
• Experience in an auditing function or investigative work in an exploration and production company a plus.
• General knowledge of Sarbanes-Oxley control assessment, risk assessment approaches, operational auditing techniques and auditing standards required.
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Strong data analytics experience (Excel, MS Access, ACL, Spotfire)
• Must have ability to be tactful and diplomatic in presenting audit findings and recommendations to management and in negotiating solutions or corrective action.
• Must have strong investigation, conflict resolution and negotiation skills.
• Must be able and willing to travel 25% at a minimum.
• Must be a self-starter and have ability to work independently
||Send This Job to a Friend