||Oil Measurement Tech - LMS
||The Oil Measurement Technician, coordinates, and manages all aspects of oil measurement, maintaining sellable oil, and reconciling discrepancies between reported volumes and sold volumes in their assigned geographic region for Laredo Petroleum. They are
responsible for accurate measurement & recording of oil or any oil by-product’s pressure, temperature, RVP, and other parameters that affect sales volumes. They are also responsible, or share responsibility for the monitoring equipment and LACTS to maintain
this accuracy. This position reports directly to their Measurement Foreman.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Majority of duties performed, but not meant to be all-inclusive nor prevent other duties from being assigned as necessary.
1. Manages all aspects of the oil measurement for a specified geographic area by:
Effectively utilizing Laredo systems to monitor, verify, trend, and analyze data to make ensure the accuracy of the measured oil volumes.
Working directly with the automation group and foremen to ensure all measurement devices and equipment are accurate and maintained on a pre-determined calibration schedule.
Implementing documented, cost-effective PM programs to maintain equipment
Ensuring LACT proving is witnessed in their assigned area.
Ensuring all equipment is installed and calibrated, and tank strappings have been collected from purchasers and input into the system as new vessels are put into service.
Acting as a mentor to lease operators to teach them how to work bad oil, maintain sellable oil, and ensure it is sold timely to minimize oil inventory.
Coordinating all fluid sampling to ensure RVP remains in spec.
Ensure all personnel are following the Oil Handling SOP 70%
2. Provides coordination and communication between purchasers, production accounting, field personnel, management, and vendors by:
Working to resolve discrepancies between tolerance tickets and run tickets
Spot checking run tickets against tank draws recorded via SCADA 10%
3. Act as liaison between the field production operations staff, purchasers, and EH&S by:
Serving as a fit-tested resource to assist at H2S facilities
Ensuring probes are maintained and can be utilized in lieu of gauges where necessary
Ensuring all H2S facilities are properly identified along with potential hazards & health issues, and making Laredo employees and purchasers aware
Ensuring Laredo employees and contractors adhere to Company, Local, State, and Federal policies, rules, and regulations and working with EH&S to comply
4. Collaborate with peers to identify and remedy problems and successfully accomplish various projects. Perform other duties as required or assigned. 10%
KEY COMPETENCIES Behavioral characteristics an employee must display in the job
1. Ensures Accountability
2. Decision Quality
3. Drives Results
4. Communicates Effectively
5. Instills Trust
6. Being Resilient
||KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS Minimum education, experience, technical skills and licenses/certificates required to perform the duties of this position
1. High School diploma or equivalent required
2. Bachelor’s Degree in a technical field may be counted towards some of the experience required
3. Minimum of 3 years of oilfield experience, prior oil measurement experience a plus
4. Detailed knowledge of surface production equipment including LACT units and oil measurement protocol
5. Strong computer skills and knowledge of Laredo systems, working knowledge of Microsoft Office Software (Word, Excel, Outlook)
6. Effective written and verbal communication skills
7. Strong organizational skills, ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
8. Must have completed all 3 levels of required Lease Operator PetroSkills courses
||Send This Job to a Friend