||Field Materials Tech
||The Materials Tech I position for Laredo Petroleum Inc. (LPI) will be located in the Garden City Central Office. The position will report directly to the Procurement Supervisor in Tulsa, Oklahoma. The successful candidate will be responsible for administratively
supporting all Procurement-related documentation in Supply Mate and DocVue to ensure the fast and efficient processing, tracking, and storage of Material Transfers and Invoices. This position will also be utilized in a support capacity to current materials
yard personnel in the event needed.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Processing of material movements by entry in to LPI’s Procurement software, Supply Mate.
• Provide oversight and direction by helping to ensure timely coding, processing, and tracking of all materials-related documentation including, but not limited to, Requisitions, Purchase Orders, Work Orders, Receivers, Invoices, Field Tickets, Material Transfers,
Inventory Adjustments, Vendor-Related Contracts, etc.
• Work closely with Procurement / Materials Management staff to develop, monitor, and distribute key Materials Management KPIs on a monthly / quarterly basis.
• Maintain files and accurately store them in a secure, accessible location for audit purposes.
• Travel to field locations to assist in physical inventory processes.
• Attend key, job-related meetings.
• Help to maintain and track the current LPI Pool and Spare Vehicle Fleet utilized by the Midland / Garden City Offices.
• Develop a sound knowledge of LPI Procurement Policies and Procedures, and help to minimize deviation from those policies as much as possible.
• Perform other direct Materials Management-based tasks at the discretion of the Procurement Supervisor as needs may arise.
• Extended drive times to various field locations or Midland office locations may be necessary (once or twice a month).
• Monitor inbound and outbound traffic of the Central Yard, and communicate with third party personnel to ensure adherence to LPI Yard Policies. Also, ensure that all appropriate documentation has been secured by third parties prior to inbound or outbound of
• Provide coverage support to current materials staff members in overseeing the Yard and Warehouse sites as needed. May be required to operate onsite forklifts.
||KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
• Associates Degree required (minimum); Bachelor’s degree in a business discipline would be preferred. Management may consider additional years of service in a similar capacity in lieu of meeting the minimum education threshold.
• Two (2) years’ experience in an office environment at minimum, with direct oilfield materials management and procurement experience in the Permian Basin preferred.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, are a must for success in this position.
• Proficiency in all Microsoft Office products is required, with an emphasis on Power Point and Excel.
• Experience with Supply Mate and / or Excalibur considered is preferred.
• Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, deadline-based environment is necessary for success in this position.
• Candidates must have strong interpersonal communication skills and be able to effectively work in a team-based environment.
||Send This Job to a Friend