||Water Measurement Tech
||The Water Measurement Technician, coordinates, and manages all aspects of midstream water measurement, coordinates fresh and recycled water transfer to completions, and collects and reports water well and fresh water pit volumes for Laredo Petroleum. They
are also responsible, or share responsibility for the monitoring equipment and meters to maintain this accuracy. This position reports directly to the Water Measurement Foreman.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Manages all aspects of the water measurement for a specified geographic area by:
- Effectively utilizing Laredo systems to monitor, verify, trend, and analyze data to ensure the accuracy of the measured water volumes.
- Working directly with the automation group and foremen to ensure all measurement devices and equipment are accurate and maintained on a pre-determined calibration schedule.
- Implementing documented, cost-effective PM programs to maintain equipment
- Installing new monitoring equipment on water wells and frac water pits
- Working with landowners to ensure water wells are properly used and volumes are accurately reported
- Reviewing water billing against measured volumes to ensure accurate payments are distributed to owners
2. Provides coordination and communication between water transfer vendors, completions, field operations personnel, and management by:
- Directly supervising water transfer operations during completions for entire well packages in an assigned area
- Reporting any discrepancies to local completions personnel and manageme
- Assisting with building completion forecasts for upcoming development packages
3. Act as liaison between the field production operations staff, purchasers, and EH&S by:
- Ensuring water transfer operations are safe and equipment is maintained and operated in a controlled manner
- Ensuring Laredo employees and contractors adhere to Company, Local, State, and Federal policies, rules, and regulations and working with EH&S to comply
4. Collaborate with peers to identify and remedy problems and successfully accomplish various projects. Perform other duties as required or assigned.
||- High School diploma or equivalent required
- Bachelor’s Degree in a technical field may be counted towards some of the experience required
- Minimum of 3 years of oilfield experience, prior water measurement experience a plus
- Detailed knowledge of completions and water transfer management
- Strong computer skills and knowledge of Laredo systems, working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Software (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills, ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
||Send This Job to a Friend