||Registered Nurse (RN) - Field - PRN
||Flex Team - Pool (Field)
||PRN (As needed)
Coordinates, monitors, and follows plan of care for assigned patients. Provides nursing care, education and support to the patient/family and/or care givers. Promotes professional integrity. Participates in interdisciplinary team.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Provides professional, courteous nursing service to the patient consistent with knowledge, training and experience.
• Implements and coordinates plan of care. Assesses the patient's physical and emotional condition. Updates care plans as needed.
• Demonstrates understanding of Interdisciplinary Team concept, cooperating and working with all team members for effective patient care. Demonstrates positive team work behavior.
• Educates Patient/Family/Caregiver/Nursing Home Staff on administration of medication, symptom management and pain control as directed by physicians and Hospice of Marion County, Inc. standing orders and protocol when applicable.
• Record observation of reactions and any side effects of medications.
• Informs the team PFCC of the patient's disease progression and all other appropriate clinical matters concerning the patient/family unit for which she/he has responsibility.
• Maintains current knowledge of Medicare/Medicaid benefits, Co-op, private insurance, supportive care, continuous care and in-patient requirements.
• Maintains confidentiality of patient/family information regarding disease, diagnosis, financials, or other information obtained during the course of employment.
• Adheres to professional standards of practice for nursing
• Ensures compliance with each contract vendor as contract relates to care plan, approved Hospice services, and appropriate supplies and medications provided by Hospice.
• Educates patient/caregiver on proper and safe use of durable medical equipment and oxygen administration.
• Maintains an up to date knowledge and understanding of local, state and federal laws impacting upon the practice of nursing in the Hospice setting.
• Uses good body mechanics when lifting or transferring patients, utilizing equipment when necessary.
• Maintains Standard Precautions and uses necessary personal protective equipment, in order to maintain a safe environment in conjunction with OSHA regulations.
• Requests Chaplain/volunteer services as indicated by patient and/or family to provide spiritual support, emotional support and respite services to family and caregiver.
• Provides nursing on call coverage for the patient/family unit on a 24 hour, seven (7) day week basis, as assigned. Covers for peers during vacations and at other times of agency needs.
• Completes, submits, and maintains all required documentation in a timely manner according to policy, including but not limited to, progress notes, IDT Reports; Time and Travel Logs; Phone Logs and Transfers, Monthly and Discharge Summaries.
• Performs ongoing chart review of medical records and documentation by other disciplines.
• Performs thorough, accurate supervisory visits for CNA/HHA within guidelines required by hospice policy and regulatory agencies.
• Attends IDT meetings prepared to present patient's current status and plan for continuation of care.
• Collaborates with primary physician on an ongoing basis to ensure optimal symptom control and continuity of care plan.
• Actively participates in recertification process by verifying dates of benefit periods, facilitating appointments with primary physician as needed, and submitting required documentation in a timely manner for review by Medical Director or designee.
• Participates in the orientation/training of new staff through shadowing, communication of acceptable performance standards, promotion of Hospice philosophy and procedures.
• Minimum Associate's Degree in Nursing; Nursing Diploma, BSN, MSN preferred.
• Must be a current Registered Nurse with a license issued by the Florida Board of Nursing.
• Must have a minimum of (1) one year clinical nursing experience; (2) two or more years clinical nursing experience preferred.
• CPR Certification required.
• Must have a valid Florida Driver's License, maintain current auto insurance coverage and have access to a reliable automobile.
• Bilingual applicants preferred.