||Occupational Health Nurse
||Full-Time (40 hours)
||Mon-Fri / 8am-5pm
||BENEFITS: Low-cost employee health insurance, no-cost dental and life insurance, generous PTO policy, 8 paid holidays, retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, mileage reimbursement, family friendly/work-life balanced.
Responsible for the development of internal education as related to employee health, leave of absence cases and workers’ compensation claims. Facilitates all cases/claims to include general administration, comprehensive case management and program compliance
with the Family and Medical Leave Act and all related employment laws. Provides exemplary customer service and assistance to all staff and keeps HR team abreast of issues/status of claims. Administers the drug-free workplace initiatives, EAP and maintains
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Processes and case manages all Workers' Compansation claims, provides support and assistance to injured employees and their department managers, and assists with educational presentations designed to reduce work place injuries and promote employee safety.
• Interprets and administers leave programs and policies in accordance with the applicable federal and state employment laws (FMLA, ADA, USERRA, Pregnancy Discrimination Act, etc.).
• Responsible for organizing all medical information and ensures that HIPAA and Employee Privacy guidelines are closely monitored and effectively executed.
• Collaborates with HR Coordinator to ensure STD/LTD claims are processed in a timely manner and run concurrently with FMLA or general medical cases.
• Acts as main point of contact for EAP referrals; acquires approval from Director of HR to authorize any additional visits; and reviews billing statements
• Responsible for occupational health practices for employees/volunteers, implementing ongoing corrective measures as necessary.
• Serves as a resource person within the agency and community regarding health issues; teaches and or provides educational tools as needed.
• Coordinates the ordering of employee and volunteer medications including the scheduling, consent completion, administration/interpretation of TB evaluations, Hepatitis B and Influenza vaccines.
• Responsible to fit test appropriate clinical staff with N95 mask.
or accuracy before submitting to Director of HR for approval.
||• Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) or Registered Nurse (RN) with a current license issued by the Florida Board of Nursing.
• Two (2) to four (4) years related Workers' Comp, EAP, and FMLA experience and other compliance administration experience required.
• CPR Certification required.
• Outstanding interpersonal skills working within a dedicated, supportive team.
• Strong organizational skills and excellent time management ability.
• Demonstrated strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Follows all safety precautions when lifting/moving heavy items and properly utilizes necessary lifting/moving equipment.
• Must have a Valid Florida drivers License, maintain current auto insurance coverage and have access to a reliable automobile.
• Ability to work unsupervised, exercising discretion and independent judgment.
• Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures and governmental regulations, as well as documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
• Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
• Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers, patients/families or employees.
• Knowledge of medical terminology and ability to demonstrate essential usage.
• Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
• Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
• Ability to operate a facsimile, copy machines, computers and other common office machines, with working knowledge of MS Word, Outlook, Excel and other software appropriate to positions.