||Resident Assistant - Part Time
||Summerfield Suites Assisted Living Facility
||Part-Time (32 hours)
||2:30 pm - 11:00 pm
Provides direct care to residents following the individual service plan, treating each resident with respect and dignity, recognizing individual needs and encouraging independence. Fosters a homelike atmosphere throughout the residence.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Assists residents with activities of daily living, including bathing, dressing, grooming, toileting, transferring and getting to and from activities and meals according to the individual service plan. Allows and encourages residents to do as much of their
own care as possible.
• Serves meals to residents in the dining room or apartments. May assist in preparing meals following pre-planned menus, encourages residents to eat a proper diet and take adequate fluids while respecting the resident’s right to free choice. Records and reports
changes in residents eating habits to the supervisor.
• Initiates and participates in leisure activities provided for residents as described in the activity calendar. Encourages residents to socialize and participate in planned activities or programs and to develop friendships with other residents.
• Maintains resident’s records daily, in a timely manner, and in accordance with company policy and procedures. This includes documentation related to: medication distribution; leisure activities; incidents and observations; charting any changes in resident’s
physical condition and/or behavior; visitors; etc. Observes and documents the health and emotional condition of each resident, promptly reporting all changes to the supervisor.
• Assist residents with medication as defined in medication procedure. Supervises residents who self-administer medication. Administers medications, following physician orders, to residents who cannot self-administer their medications. Exhibits understanding
of and follows policy and procedures for medications.
• Maintains a clean, safe and orderly environment for the residents. Performs general housekeeping following cleaning schedules for bedrooms, dining area, living space, bathrooms, kitchen, etc.
• Changes bed linens, washes and irons resident’s laundry, and cleans resident’s living space.
• Responds promptly and positively to resident requests for assistance, including emergency pull cords, telephone calls, and requests from family and friends.
• Follows proper procedures in emergency situations, obtaining additional assistance if necessary.
• Knows location of each resident, reminds them to sign out when they leave the building. Notifies the supervisor immediately if unable to locate a resident.
||• High School Diploma or GED required.
• Three (3) to six (6) months related experience and/or training in direct service with older adults; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Knowledge of dementia, particularly Alzheimer’s is helpful.
• Basic CPR/first aid training and Fire Safety training required.
• Must be able to work all shifts in order to complete job responsibilities.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls and talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently
required to walk; sit; and stoop, kneel, or crouch.
The employee must frequently lift, pull or push up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include night vision, close vision, distance vision, color vision and depth perception.