||Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) - CC
||Crisis Care Team
||PRN (As needed)
With direction from the Registered Nurse, provides nursing care and support to the patient and family. Promotes professional integrity, team work and participates in the interdisciplinary care team functionis. Provides continuous care coverage as needed.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Provides professional, courteous nursing services to the patient/family as one of the functions of the Interdisciplinary Care Team.
• Supervises the administration of medications by family or other responsible care-givers, teaches the proper techniques of administration and record keeping. Records shall consist of progress notes data including the time/date of administration and observations
concerning the reactions and response of the patient/family to his/her environment.
• Maintains a high standard of quality of care according to hospice training, guidelines, and expectations.
• Demonstrates tolerance to various and differing individual life styles without imposing his/her own values on the patient/family unit.
• Reports to the Patient/Family Care Coordinator (PFCC) for daily schedule, reporting pertinent changes to the PFCC, or the Primary Nurse during the shift and at the end of his/her shift.
• Actively participates in professional organizations whose goals and functions are related to those of Hospice. Maintains an up-to-date knowledge and understanding of the local, state, and federal laws impacting the practice of nursing in the hospice setting.
• Performs specific tasks as follows but not limited to personal hygiene (bath, shower, hair, nails, etc.), passive range of motion and positioning, enemas (prepared, tap water, soap suds), dressings, wound irrigations and decubitus care, colostomy care, administration
of medications and instructing patient and family in medications administration, tracheostomy care and suctioning.
• Adheres to professional standards of practice for nursing.
• Assists the PFCC and/or the RN in the implementation and coordination of the care plan. Assesses the patient’s physical and emotional condition and provides patient care as directed.
• Teaches the patient and family as required to maintain a safe environment.
• Completion of a formal Practical Nurse Program.
• Current LPN License issues by the Florida Board of Nursing.
• Minimum of 1 (one) year clinical nursing experience that includes basic nursing skills with the administration of medications; Two or more years clinical nursing experience preferred.
• Must have a valid Florida Driver’s License, maintain current auto insurance coverage and have access to a reliable automobile.
• Current CPR certification required.