||Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) - Facilities - Part Time
||Part-Time (36 hours)
||7a-7p Rotating days S-M-T/M-T-W
Provides physical and personal care to the patient and assistance to the primary caregiver and family unit in a professional, courteous, supportive manner. Promotes professional integrity, team work and participates in the interdisciplinary team functions.
Provides continuous care coverage as needed.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Physical care of patient: bathes patient, changes linens on patient bed, feeds patient, assists patient with ambulation and transfer, assists patient with range-of-motion exercises/positioning, reinforces dressings as needed, follows infection control procedures
and Standard Precautions against Bloodborne Pathogens, and other duties as assigned by primary nurse or PFCC according to the CNA assignment sheet.
• Performs light housekeeping in the patient area including but not limited to: laundry, taking out trash, meals, dish washing, cleaning and disinfecting equipment, replenishing supplies, dusting, vacuuming, sweeping, and mopping.
• Assists other Hospice team members in the instruction of the primary caregiver and family re: physical care, disease process, and emotional support of the patient.
• Offers support and assistance to the primary caregiver and family during the course of the disease process and Hospice program involvement.
• Submits required progress notes and documentation for medical record, care plan, updates, payroll and statistics.
• Uses supplies/equipment, judiciously. Optimizes use of inventory.
• Moves patients in a manner consistent with Safety practices which includes use of proper ergonomic lifting/moving techniques and training, in order to maintain a safe environment
• Provides coverage for peers during vacations and at other times of agency needs.
||• Must have a High School Diploma or GED general education degree required.
• Must have a minimum of (6) six months experience as a CNA in a hospital or long-term care skilled nursing facility.
• CPR Certification required.
• Must have a valid Florida Driver's License, maintain current auto insurance coverage, and have access to a reliable automobile.
• Bilingual applicants preferred.