||PRN (As needed)
Inspects machinery, equipment, and conditions in facilities to ensure compliance with occupational safety and health regulations. Adheres to safety and preventative maintenance programs to ensure safe environmental working conditions. Makes repairs to physical
structures and equipment as experience and training allows.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Adheres to designated Preventative Maintenance Program to ensure all equipment and fixtures are in good working condition. Discusses all operations variations with supervisor to diagnose problem and/or repair equipment.
• Repairs and maintains physical structures, equipment and furnishings as experience and training allows including plumbing, fixtures, carpet, copy/fax machines, washers, dryers, and icemakers.
• Utilizes Help Desk or current computer application to review job orders and determine work priorities.
• Cleans tools, equipment, and maintains work areas in a neat, safe, organized fashion.
• Develops and reports new methods and procedures designed to improve operations.
• Assures safe environment by proper handling and storage of chemicals and other supplies.
• Maintains Resident/Patient rooms to prevent falls or injuries.
• Assists in preparation of rooms upon vacancy ensuring paint, carpet, and all fixtures are in good working condition.
• Builds, repairs, and installs counters, cabinets, benches, partitions, floors and trim as directed. Installs doors, and partitions. Replaces damaged ceiling tile, floor tile, and wall covering. Installs such items as window shades, Venetian blinds, curtain
rods, ceiling fans, door locks and room dividers. Hangs pictures or other items as requested.
• Monitors quality and timeliness of vendor/contractor work performed including HVAC maintenance: logs HVAC maintenance and all inspections, to ensure compliance with other contracts.
• Demonstrates dependability in work ethics and promptness. Shares rotation of on call hours for emergency maintenance needs.
• When necessary, requisitions tools, equipment, and supplies through supervisor.
• Maintains vehicle maintenance log monthly and copies to supervisor, including oil changes and any repairs.
||• High School diploma or GED required.
• Minimum of 3-5 years general maintenance experience required; Experience with plumbing, electrical, HVAC and general construction preferred.
• Must have a valid Florida Driver's License.