||Equipment Control Coordinator
|Melton Truck Lines
||Summary: This position is located within a fast-paced environment performing customer service assignments, trailer assignments including soliciting information from our Mexican carrier on our equipment in Mexico. It entails proactively responding to Mexican
Carrier’s inquires and issues, informing internal and external customers of potential service shortfalls. The goal of the position is to ensure that all shippers have proper spotted trailers on time by reliable MX carriers and that all loads are delivered
to consignees timely, safe, and damage-free. The position is responsible for tracking, monitoring, reporting, and managing all Melton trailers within Mexico. Proactively manage & shift Melton trailer equipment among multiple MX carriers and shippers to maximize
equipment utilization and customer service.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: include the following.
1. Track and monitor all of Melton’s equipment in Mexico with each Mexican Carrier. Ensure appropriate billing of Mexican Carrier for trailer damages and trailer usage.
2. Assist and ensure Mexican Carriers report status on all Melton trailers in a timely manner and input information in the Mexican Trailer session of the AS/400 on daily basis.
3. Assist Accounting Department with A/R on Mexican Carriers.
4. Respond to Mexican Carrier issues regarding issues, accounting, equipment, and procedures. Ensure invoices received for carrier payment have correct load numbers.
5. Utilize Spherion trailer tracking system to monitor trailer location and status.
6. Maintain daily communication with Laredo Equipment Control Coordinator and Laredo office on Southbound and Northbound operations.
7. Identify and act on Customer equipment needs.
8. Maintain close contact with NB Shippers for loading and accessories requirements
9. Communicate all Customer needs/requirements to the Mexican Carriers, as well as coordinate loading and unloading times for NB and SB loads.
10. Track NB load crossings at the Border.
11. Proactively manage and shift Melton trailer equipment among multiple MX carriers and shippers to maximize equipment utilization and customer service.
12. Generate and interpret reports reflecting equipment utilization & turn times by MX carrier, price zone, Northbound, and Southbound. Periodically visit each MX carrier yard to inventory trailers, assess shipper loads, and monitor competitor activity.
13. Monitor SB loads in Nuevo Laredo assessing loads taking more than 2 days to depart Nuevo Laredo for the final destination. Determine and charge applicable border detention.
14. To give on time the information requested by our Internal Customers in Melton.
15. Weekly reports to MXC with the days in MX from each of our Trailers.
16. Other duties as assigned or required.
Hours: Monday thru Friday. Work and lunch start times and stop times to be determined and are subject to change based on the needs of the company and management directive.
||Must have personal reliable transportation (personal vehicle) and able to commute to/from work on time given the designated work hours.
Education and/or Experience: High school required. Technical or University Degree preferred. Must speak and write Spanish; fluent in English speaking and writing. Three years’ experience in logistics, truck transportation, or related field.
Special Training: Must have strong working knowledge and practical use of Word, Outlook, Excel. Experience with AS400 system and Salesforce CRM a plus.
Special Skills: Must be able to communicate clearly, succinctly, handle stressful situations and pay close attention to detail. Must also be able to work and perform as a team player. Must be committed, high energy, customer service oriented, excellent follow
up skills, ability to multi-task. Must be very fluent in Spanish and English verbal and written communication skills.
Physical Demands: It is necessary to talk, hear, sit, write, type. It is occasionally necessary to lift up to 50 lbs.
||Send This Job to a Friend