||Customer Accounts Intern
||Summary: Detention/Trailer Specialists work in a fast paced environment, performing duties essential to the successful operation of Melton Truck Lines. The Detention/Trailer Specialist is responsible for monitoring and managing all trailer in or entering
detention status and overseeing the billing process for trailers in detention. This position requires performing in a detail-oriented, real-time environment monitoring & managing the trailer pool of up to 1,800 trailers. Extensive communications with customers,
Melton employees, systems knowledge, and report generation/interpretation are key.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: include the following. Other duties as assigned.
1. Monitor and manage the detention system and notify customers of trailers entering into detention status in accordance with detention guidelines. Calculate and document driver detention pay, communicate to drivers/Driver Managers, and forward detention billing
to the Billing Department.
2. Provide objective analysis and recommendations regarding customer billing and driver payment for detention.
3. Create and interpret periodic reports to manage and adjust the detention process.
4. Constantly review the detention process, guidelines, and system and make recommendations to increase efficiency, reduce manual intervention, and increase company revenue.
5. Serve as the support contact in managing Melton’s trailer pool.
6. Monitor trailer counts, activity, trailer turns and make recommendations to Sales & Operations to maximize trailer utilization.
7. Coordinate trailer movements to balance customer drop trailers and terminal trailers.
8. Serve as the support contact for permit orders as required for over dimensional and other special shipments.
||Education and/or Experience: High school diploma and minimum 2 years customer service experience.
Special Training: Needs to be familiar with computer programs such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Innovative AS400 System.
Special Skills: Must be able to communicate clearly, handle stressful situations, objectively analyze information, and pay close attention to detail. Must also be able to work and perform as a team player and manage a diverse work force. Regular onsite job
attendance is required to facilitate effective interaction with co-workers
Physical Demands: It is necessary to talk, hear, sit, write, type. It is occasionally necessary to lift up to 25 lbs.
||Send This Job to a Friend