||Freight Broker/Account Manager
|Melton Truck Lines
Conexus is a full-service transportation logistics firm and has been in business over 10 years. We provide superior, personal, customized, North American transportation solutions to our customers while offering exceptional benefits and generous opportunities
to our employees.
SUMMARY: The Freight Broker/Account Manager is responsible for the development of profitable new business and for building strong relationships with existing customers that allow for the
retention and growth of their business. Brokers are typically our first contact with new customers and must always represent the company in a professional manner using a consultative approach to winning their business.
- Research, identify, and prospect potential customers via web searches, social media, and other outlets.
- Use cold calling techniques to proactively generate new leads and develop new accounts.
- Provide quotes and handle booking requests for all transactional customers.
- Utilize a consultative sales approach to identify, solicit, and secure new business from existing and new customers.
- Participate in face-to-face sales calls as needed.
- Manage all customer account and contact information, sales call notes, and rate quote documents as well as any other customer interaction information through a Logistics Operations System & CRM Tool.
- Provide sales support to management for direct marketing campaigns, web ads, print ads, and other lead programs.
- Participate in the evaluation of and respond to all formal bid packages, on-line bid packages & carrier profiles from assigned customers.
- Ensure customers are informed of all the necessary documentation requirements for customs clearance, hazardous materials, or to meet any other regulatory or customer requirements.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum qualifications: One year of 3PL/Transportation Brokerage sales or business development experience required.
Bachelor’s degree preferred. Must be able to communicate effectively and demonstrate strong customer service and sales skills. Must have the ability to multi-task, work in a team oriented environment, make good decisions, and problem solve. Must have
working knowledge of Microsoft Office and a CRM tool.
Physical Demands: It is necessary to talk, hear, sit, walk, type, write, and move with a full range of motion. It is occasionally necessary to lift up to 25 lbs.
||Send This Job to a Friend