||Summary: The primary role for this position is to drive and develop new business by identifying, pursuing, and developing new prospects/customers. This position is responsible for managing and growing current business.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Secure, schedule, and enter loads for dispatch with the appropriate Territory Account Manager and Inside Sales team as needed.
2. Make calls from various territory call lists to assist in getting freight.
3. Make prospecting calls to leads to identify current shipping needs and transition into customer if qualified.
4. Provide rates, credit and account set-up, and general information to customers and prospects.
5. Explain freight rates and regulations regarding shipping size, weight, and handling.
6. Assist Regional Sales Manager(s) with preparing & coordinating projects, quotes, contracts, and one-time rate agreements.
7. Provide immediate, accurate service to shippers and consignees.
8. Promote and support a positive, team-working environment.
9. Build lasting relationships with top level customer service.
10. Utilize SalesForce to track and record customer/prospect conversations and frequency.
11. Gather signed contract, carriage agreement, rate agreement and completed credit application on new customers.
12. Track and advise customers of any load issues or additional charges pertaining to their shipments.
13. Various special ad-hoc assignments depending on business needs.
• Education and/or Experience: Qualified candidates will possess a 2 or 4-year college degree in Business or related field; 1 year of transportation experience beneficial.
• Special Training: Must be very computer literate in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint). SalesForce experience is a plus.
• Special Skills: Must have good communication skills and deal well with different personalities. Attention to detail is very important. Must exhibit a high level of energy and enthusiasm. Excellent organizational skills (multi-task oriented). Must possess
excellent verbal and written communication. Analytic ability to diagnose problems and ability to work independently to correct difficulties. Excellent math skills.
• Physical Demands: It is necessary to talk, hear, sit, write, type. It is occasionally necessary to lift up to 25 lbs.
Work Hours: Monday-Friday 8AM to 5PM (one hour lunch)
Some Travel Involved – 5%