Works as part of a team to prepare, maintain and develop detailed objective reporting on operational and accounting results. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, and ratios to practical situations. Must be logical and detailed. Apply knowledge
and understanding of GAAP and tax regulations to work processes and reporting including multi-level consolidation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: include the following.
1. Prepare, maintain and develop a comprehensive portfolio of scheduled and ad hoc financial and statistical reports satisfying the information requirements of the Finance department and the Company. Requires extensive use of Excel and ability to follow complex
2. Assist in month end close and preparation of financial statements.
3. Maintain fixed asset system for both book and tax in BNA including tracking of equipment sold.
4. Reconciliation of general ledger accounts and other key business indicators to sub schedules to include intercompany accounts.
5. Generate and review financial and operational information to assist end users in decision making.
6. Assist in preparation of tax returns, including income, franchise, and property taxes.
7. Assist in preparation and filing monthly and annual reports and registration statements with various States and Provinces.
8. Assist in preparation of schedules for annual financial audit.
9. Assist with long-term debt schedules and payments.
10. Assist reconciling vendor invoices for payment and monitoring bulk fuel facilities.
11. Other duties as assigned.
Logical, objective, numbers-oriented, accurate, analytical, and strong deductive reasoning skills. Accounting knowledge and strong understanding of general ledger accounting, the flow of information and financial statements. Must be able to meet strict tight
deadlines. The requirements below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability required.
Education and/or Experience: BS degree in Finance, Accounting. Related experience and/or training preferred.
Special Training: Must be expert user in Microsoft Excel. Very competent in Word, Outlook Knowledge in BNA and AS400 preferred. Other software includes Timberline and Aljex. Must have knowledge of GAAP. Must have ability to effectively create and present numerical
data in graphical format.
Special Skills: Must be able to communicate clearly and logically in both written & verbal formats. Ability to interface at multiple levels across the organization. Able to handle high-pressure, stressful situations. Requires multi-tasking and maintaining a
schedule while staying flexible to change. Detail-oriented with strong follow-through skills. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form. Accuracy and thoroughness is critical in this position.
||Send This Job to a Friend