Client Log In
Search the site
Fredrikson & Byron, P.A.
Practices & Industries
Updates & Events
News & Media
Awards & Rankings
Attorneys & Law Students
Equal Employment Opportunity
Browse Open Jobs
Search Open Jobs
Edit Your Profile
View Submitted Applications
The Conflicts Attorney is responsible for daily review and analysis of conflicts and other issues related to firm acceptance of new clients, new matters and lateral attorneys. The Conflicts Attorney will supervise other conflicts and intake staff and interface with the firm’s intake officers regarding approval of new matter and lateral attorney hiring requests. The Conflicts Attorney will handle additional assignments from the firm’s General Counsel, the Practice Quality Committee, and firm administration, as needed.
• Analyzes and resolves conflict of interest and other issues related to the firm’s clearance of new clients, new matters, and lateral attorneys.
• Analyzes information provided with new matter requests for compliance with firm policies and applicable rules of professional responsibility.
• Supervises conflict analysts responsible for producing reports from conflicts database.
• Communicates with firm attorneys about conflicts issues and waivers.
• Reviews and edits draft engagement letters for compliance with same.
• Reviews client outside counsel guidelines and assists with assessment of firm’s ability to comply.
• Conducts orientation of staff and attorneys regarding new matter approval process.
• Assist in developing and documenting procedures related to intake and conflicts.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
The position requires a Law degree and State Bar Association membership.
A minimum of three (3) years of practice experience as a lawyer in a mid-size to large law firm and/or the equivalent experience in the area of conflict of interest law and professional responsibility is required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Basic knowledge of conflict-of-interest principles under professional responsibility rules.
• Basic knowledge of an automated financial management system such as Elite and an electronic conflict system such as Intapp Open.
• MS Word, Excel, and internet research related to corporate family relationships.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing, with staff and attorneys, in order to resolve difficult conflict issues
• Lead a team of conflicts analysts to ensure accuracy and efficiency of resolution process.
• Demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize work in a dynamic and complex environment to meet deadlines and daily requirements.
• Demonstrated ability to adapt to changing priorities and maintain a productive committed work effort, meeting deadlines and managing workload.
• Ability to analyze and interpret information from a variety of sources, apply critical and creative thinking, and pay strong attention to detail, to draw valid conclusions or develop solutions to complex problems.
Send This Job to a Friend