||Manager, Applications Development & Support
||The Manager, Applications Development and Support is primarily responsible for providing the daily direction to the Information Systems regular and contract personnel in the performance of systems analysis, programming, computer software program evaluation,
network development and maintenance and customer support functions relating to computer equipment and systems.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following represents the majority of the duties performed by the position, but is not meant to be all inclusive nor prevent other duties from being assigned when necessary.
1. Leads employees to support compliance with DOT and OSHA health, safety, and environmental requirements and exemplifies the safety philosophy and procedures developed by the Company; integrates safe work practices into routine departmental operations and
ensures employees are adequately trained to perform their work safely; monitors the workplace and with employees identifies conditions or behaviors that should be corrected to ensure unsafe or unhealthful conditions are avoided; investigates workplace incidents
and takes prompt corrective action(s) necessary to ensure the safety and health of employees and prevent recurrence of incidents.
2. Supervises the individual work of personnel; determines work priorities; schedules work assignments, selects, orients, trains and evaluates work performance of subordinate personnel and recommends associated personnel actions.
3. Prepares and submits annual budget recommendations for approval to senior management.
4. Submits recommendations for staff increases or decreases to senior management.
5. Evaluates the Company's need for changes in information technology to meet corporate short and long term objectives and develops strategies to achieve those objectives.
6. Defines the scope and priorities for information systems projects, develops and recommends plans for the development of information systems; and manages the implementation of the projects.
7. Defines specifications for the acquisition of hardware, software, and services; evaluates and qualifies vendors; negotiates prices and fees; and verifies the quality of vendor provided goods and services.
8. Manages the development, implementation, installation, and operation of information and functional systems for the organization.
9. Develops and recommends the adoption of policies and controls to ensure data accuracy, security, and compliance with regulations.
10. Provides consulting support to end users in the selection, procurement, usage, and maintenance of software programs and hardware.
11. Manages the operation, maintenance, and backup of the computer network.
12. Creates and monitors processes to ensure the security, reliability, and accuracy of corporate data.
13. Develops, maintains, and tests disaster recovery plans.
Education and Experience
• A Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or related field or its equivalent in experience and a minimum of seven (7) years of application development, implementation and maintenance is required. Additional experience in the development and management
of budgets, strategic planning, and the supervision of technical personnel is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Ability to actively engage in safe behaviors and to understand and follow the principles and methods related to pipeline and workplace safety as established by the Company.
• Knowledge of emergency and safety procedures, policies, documentation procedures, equipment operating parameters, and all applicable DOT, FERC, EPA,DHS and OSHA requirements.
• Ability to operate a wide variety of computer hardware, networks, and software including word processors, spreadsheets, electronic mail, databases, computer operating systems, programming languages, and administration tools.
• Well-developed oral and written communication skills are required to define technical requirements, negotiate vendor agreements, and understand user requirements relating to hardware and software.
• Good interpersonal skills are required to supervise other personnel and direct a customer service organization.
• Frequent internal contacts with management and employees at all levels to discuss technology needs and future initiatives.
• Frequent external contacts with vendors, outside contractors, support providers, and placement agencies when providing technical support, retrieving information about products and prices, and discussing employment needs.
• Ability to effectively work and cooperate with supervisors, co-workers and vendors.
• Ability to follow corporate policies and the directions of supervisors.
• Ability to refrain from causing or contributing to the disruption of the workplace.
Ethics and Integrity
• Is committed to high moral standards and business ethics.
• Can orchestrate multiple activities at once to accomplish a goal.
• Plans human resource requirements to support the strategic direction of the department/division.
• Effectively takes action and follows up on employee disciplinary actions, providing necessary documentation.
• Facilitates effective conflict resolution among individual and groups.
• Presents ideas to others clearly and appropriately to the situation.
• Provides clear direction to his/her people about the organization’s needs and expectations.
• Integrates customer service concepts into own job by identifying internal and external customers and their needs.
||Send This Job to a Friend