||Sr. Programmer Analyst
||The Senior Programmer Analyst is primarily responsible for designing moderate to complex systems, supporting simple to complex systems for various business units throughout the Company and performing integration of applications through database and interface
design and development.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following represents the majority of the duties performed by the position, but is not meant to be all inclusive nor prevent other duties from being assigned when necessary.
1. Complies with DOT and OSHA health, safety and environmental requirements and follows safety philosophy and procedures developed by the Company including: applicable environmental, health and safety rules, procedures, and accepted safe work practices, the
use of appropriate personal protective equipment and safety systems, and the reporting of workplace hazards and injury or illness arising from workplace activities; observes the workplace to identify conditions or behaviors that should be corrected and takes
2. Provides second-level technical assistance to employees and end users by responding to inquiries regarding moderate or complex errors, problems, or questions with applications.
3. Defines and maintains application configuration and deploys installation packages and provides support in connection with service and workstation application deployment and configuration.
4. Writes user and technical operational support documentation and maintains documentation of changes to source code, application functionality, and requirements specifications.
5. Designs and develops source code, databases, user interfaces, printed outputs, and interfaces with other systems as delineated in requirements documentation
6. Makes recommendations for revisions to application source code and components for corrections, enhancements, or system environment changes.
7. Compiles source code into components and applications, corrects compiling errors, creates and runs test scripts to identify errors and to confirm that the application implements specifications. Analyzes code to find causes of errors and revises programs.
8. Trains end users and technical support staff to use and support custom and packaged applications.
9. Elicits and documents requirements by conferring with internal and external personnel to compile knowledge regarding application intent, functions, features, data requirements, input requirements, output requirements, internal and external checks and controls,
hardware and operating system environment, and interfaces with other systems.
10. Oversees contract staff and assists with mentoring junior staff in projects, programming and applications as needed.
||Education and Experience
• A Bachelor's Degree in Computer Technology/Science, or related field or equivalent in experience and a minimum of seven years’ experience in client/server, web and database design/development is required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Ability to actively engage in safe behavior and understand and follow the principles and methods related to pipeline and workplace safety as established by the Company.
• Knowledge of emergency and safety procedures, policies procedures, equipment operating parameters, and all applicable DOT, EPA, FERC, DHS and OSHA requirements.
• Experience with deployment and support of enterprise wide applications and integration with packaged solutions.
• Well-developed application support skills including diagnosis and remediation of problems, performing root cause analysis, and execution of application disaster and error condition recovery.
• Well-developed written communication skills are needed to develop and maintain application documentation and provide functional and technical requirements documentation for simple to moderate projects including multiple business lines, technologies, and infrastructures.
• Well-developed analytical and creative skills are required to evaluate system problems and create new applications to meet user needs.
Ability to apply logical thinking to gathering and analyzing information, designing and testing solutions to problems, and formulating plans.
• Ability to create and implement use cases, UML diagrams and other functional and non-functional requirements.
• Well-developed software development skills including the ability to employ fully object-oriented analysis/design/development technology and standards, architectural contracts and RDBMS principles in the design of simple to complex components, client applications,
web applications, web services, batch scripts, stored procedures, data integration packages, and data structures in a Windows, .NET, and SQL Server environment.
• Ability to independently implement a defined software development life cycle including analysis of business requirements, architectural design, implementation, and transition to production.
• Ability to enhance and support simple to complex components, client applications, web applications, and web services.
• Ability to create simple to complex installation packages and reports from database repositories.
• Ability to establish relationships and networks to further satisfy work relationships across a broad range of people including employees, management and external customers.
• Well-developed oral communication skills to discuss and evaluate application requirements, review the performance of existing applications and conduct training session to ensures user familiarity with application assets.
• Ability to effectively work and cooperate with supervisors, co-workers and vendors.
• Ability to follow corporate policies and the directions of supervisors.
• Ability to refrains from causing or contributing to the disruption of the workplace.
||Send This Job to a Friend