Enviva combines earth’s oldest renewable energy source with 21st century technology to make wood pellets. By using wood pellets instead of coal, electric utilities can reduce the lifetime greenhouse gas emissions intensity of power generation by 80%. And
wood pellets can provide uninterrupted power at any time, at large scale and at comparatively low cost. As a result, Enviva delivers a sustainable, cost-efficient and essential complement to wind and solar power.
Founded in 2004, Enviva is today the world’s largest producer of wood pellets – a small and seemingly ordinary product that is helping solve intractable challenges of energy and the environment and delivering real results.
Enviva owns and operates almost three million tons of wood pellet production capacity which we have strategically located in the southeastern United States, one of the most attractive wood fiber regions in the world due to its abundance of commercial, working
forests and growing timber inventories. We export our pellets to major utilities and power generators in the United Kingdom, Europe and increasingly Asia that previously were fueled by coal, enabling them to reduce their carbon footprint by about 80 percent.
We make our pellets using sustainable practices that protect Southern forests. And we employ more than 600 people and support many other businesses in the rural South, where jobs and economic opportunity are sometimes scarce.
We are proud that our procurement activities provide essential markets for low-value wood and help keep forests forested. At Enviva, our job is more than making pellets. We work for lower emissions, healthy forests and strong communities.
Enviva conducts its activities through two entities: Enviva Partners, LP, a publicly-traded master limited partnership (NYSE: EVA), and Enviva Development Holdings, LLC, a wholly-owned private company.
Enviva Partners, LP
Enviva Partners, LP (NYSE: EVA) is a publicly-traded master limited partnership that aggregates a natural resource, wood fiber, and processes it into a transportable form, wood pellets. Enviva Partners sells a significant majority of its wood pellets through
long-term, take-or-pay agreements with creditworthy customers in the United Kingdom and Europe. Enviva Partners owns and operates six plants in Northampton County and Ahoskie, North Carolina; Southampton County, Virginia; Amory and Wiggins, Mississippi; and
Cottondale, Florida. They have a combined production capacity of approximately 2.3 million metric tons of wood pellets per year.
In addition, Enviva Partners owns a deep-water marine terminal at the Port of Chesapeake, Virginia, which is used to export wood pellets. Enviva Partners also exports pellets through the ports of Mobile, Alabama and Panama City, Florida.
Enviva Development Holdings, LLC
Enviva Development Holdings, LLC develops and builds wood pellet production plants and export terminals. It has a pipeline of projects under development to support growing demand for wood pellets.
Through a joint venture with the Hancock Natural Resource Group and other affiliates of the John Hancock Life Insurance Company, Enviva Development Holdings is currently commissioning a 500,000 metric-ton-per-year production plant in Sampson County, North
Carolina and a deep-water marine terminal in Wilmington, North Carolina which will bring Enviva’s enterprise production capacity to nearly three million tons per year.
Enviva is a seeking a Plant Engineer to solve manufacturing process constraints, determine and implement capital improvements to increase production, draft and implement preventive maintenance practices, and assist the plant leadership in driving continuous
improvement in uptime, throughput and costs per production ton. The ideal candidate is willing and able to support operations on a 24 hour, 7-day week.
- Trouble-shoots and problem solves manufacturing/production constraints.
- Trouble-shoots and assists in the repair of broken equipment.
- Plans, develops, and implements strategies to utilize Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) methods and procedures designed to reduce downtime, supply chain losses, minimize operating costs, and optimize the utilization of technicians, materials and assets.
- Partners with manufacturing leadership and teams to deliver production targets and quality objectives.
- Provide technical expertise to reduce mean time to repair (MTTR), reduce breakdown reoccurrences, and increase Mean Time between Failure (MTBF).
- Creates and updates standard work documents (SOP’s) to develop and train maintenance, manufacturing operators, and Team Leaders.
- Manages equipment change events and small projects to deliver new SOP’s, breakdown reduction, root cause analysis, as well as risks and hazards assessments.
- Provides additional coordination of support services for machining, welding, electrical and miscellaneous contracted services.
- Implements and leads other initiatives to comply with safety, good housekeeping, product quality and related regulatory requirements.
- Willing to support the plant during unexpected events in the off hours and weekend if necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical, Mechanical, Naval, Chemical, or Nuclear Engineering is preferred.
- 5+ years of experience delivering reliability improvements in a fast changing 24/7 manufacturing environment.
- Strong problem solving skills highly preferred.
- Must be data-driven and possess a high level of attention to detail.
- Working knowledge of Process Mapping is preferred.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and team leadership skills.
- AutoCAD or Solid works is desirable.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint with the ability to learn other applications related to the job.
- Enviva is dedicated to the principles of equal employment opportunity (EEO) in any term, condition or privilege of employment. Enviva does not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin,
age, physical or mental disability, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, uniform service member, genetic information or any other status protected by law. Enviva complies with applicable state and local
laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which we operate.
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
||Send This Job to a Friend