Enviva combines earth’s oldest renewable energy source with 21st Century technology to make wood pellets — a sustainable, cost-efficient and essential complement to wind and solar power. According to experts, generating electricity with wood pellets instead
of coal reduces greenhouse gas emissions by about 80 percent. And wood pellets can provide uninterrupted power at any time, at large scale and at comparatively low cost.
Enviva was founded in 2004 with a clear purpose in mind: We wanted to develop a cleaner energy alternative to fossil fuels. Today, we are the world’s largest wood pellet producer, with the capacity to make more than 2 million tons in 2016. We manufacture
pellets at six facilities in the American South and supply them to electric utilities in the United Kingdom and Europe.
Enviva is bringing badly needed economic growth to rural communities across the South, creating hundreds of new jobs and pumping hundreds of millions of dollars into the Southern economy. We produce wood pellets with sustainable practices that protect Southern
forests. And wood pellets reliably produce electricity at power plants across Europe, regardless of whether the wind is blowing or the sun is shining.
At Enviva, our job is more than making pellets. We work for lower emissions, healthy forests and strong communities.
The major purpose of the position is to ensure proper preventive maintenance is completed on critical and auxiliary machinery associated with 24/7 pellet manufacturing. This typically involves a meticulous adherence to approved procedures, identification
and documentation of specification equipment, and submission for follow-on inspection/corrective maintenance as applicable. Driving continuous improvement of the lubrication and associated preventive program is included with support provided by the company.
- Must be able to work safely obeying OSHA and Enviva standards for work practices
- Must have high school diploma or equivalent;
- Be able to lift 50 lbs and climb ladders and provide own basic tools
- 3 years of experience in manufacturing environment or an Associate’s degree in industrial technology
- Meticulous attention to detail; able to follow instructions both written and verbal
- Experience in preventative, predictive and proactive maintenance procedures, troubleshooting, servicing mobile equipment
- Demonstrated knowledge and skills in hydraulics, lubrication, and mechanical equipment; basic understanding of types of lubricants and application of each
- Ability to utilize skills to improve equipment reliability
- Experience reading technical diagrams and schematics
- Ability to work well in high places in excess of 80 feet, use man lifts, and work in confined spaces.
- Must be willing to complete training as required by Supervisor and specified by Enviva
- Strong verbal and written skills
- Experience with computerized maintenance management system a plus, or manual system, required
- Basic knowledge of MS Windows, Excel, Word, Outlook
- Experience with vibration analysis and precision alignment a plus
- Salary is based on education and experience.
- Specific job duties will be discussed if interviewed.
- Adhere to all plant environmental, health and safety guidelines, policies and practices
A minimum of three years experience working in manufacturing environment.
Meticulous, Attention to detail.
Must demonstrate strong verbal and written skills.
Experience with computerized maintenance management system.
Skilled in use of Windows, Excel, Word, Outlook
- Enviva is dedicated to the principles of equal employment opportunity (EEO) in any term, condition or privilege of employment. Enviva does not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin,
age, physical or mental disability, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, uniform service member, genetic information or any other status protected by law. Enviva complies with applicable state and local
laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which we operate.
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
||Send This Job to a Friend