||Daymar College - Nashville
||We appreciate your interest in Daymar Colleges Group, LLC's employment opportunities. At Daymar Colleges Group LLC, "We Change Lives One Person at a Time".
What to Expect with the Online Application Process:
Before you begin the online application process, be sure to:
•Allow up to 20 minutes to complete the online application.
•Have your e-mail address and an up-loadable version of your resume ready.
•Once you have up-loaded your resume, please complete a short questionnaire that will vary in length based upon the position.
Applications are accepted only for currently available job openings. If you are a current Daymar Colleges Group, LLC associate, please use the UltiPro system via the “My Company” tab so that the recruiting department recognizes you as an internal candidate.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Daymar Colleges Group, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate with regard to employment, promotion, pay or place of work because of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, disability or age. Employment with the Company
does not constitute a contract for any specific period of time and any Associate is free to resign at any time with or without a reason, just as the company may end an Associate’s employment at any time with or without a reason. The Company will, in compliance
with the ADA, and in response to our dedication to the employment of qualified individuals with disabilities, accommodate essential job functions whenever feasible.
||Position Summary: The CDL Instructor will assist with the daily operations of transportation & safety education by being responsible for instruction, safety and other duties as required. The Instructor must have the ability to counsel and instruct students
in a professional manner and appearance; Should be proficient in skills as they relate to operations of over-the-road, diesel-powered Class A commercial vehicles, and manual transmissions; have theability to prioritize workload and maintain organized records;
should be mature, discreet, and responsible; work well under pressure and take initiative; Ability to utilize computer in daily operations; and the ability to meet and confer with individuals and groups concerning a variety of subjects including confidential
Major Responsibility Areas (MRAs)
1. Maintain current TN Class A license CDL preferred: P (Passenger) and T (Double/Triple Trailers) endorsement
2. Maintain accurate student attendance records.
3. Maintain accurate student progress records.
4. Maintain classroom in a neat and orderly manner.
5. Assure that effective teaching concepts are utilized.
6. Coordinate and plan for daily instruction, insuring proper utilization of equipment and students.
7. Present instruction in a professional, timely and accurate manner consistent with Truck Driver Training policies and procedures.
8. Be prepared to instruct, supervise and monitor student actions in all phases of training and insure students’ compliance with program policy.
9. Insure all instructional materials are appropriate for program taught and relay recommendations for change to immediate supervisor.
10. Evaluate students daily, make formal evaluations on a regular schedule by utilizing appropriate academic and skills tests.
11. Document any student problems and maintain in student file.
12. Serve as a “Role Model” to the student as to dress, conduct and attitude.
13. Participate in professional organizations and attend meetings.
14. Must meet all state and federal driver qualifications.
15. Must maintain all certifications as required by Director.
16. Perform such duties and assume such other responsibilities as may be required to accomplish the essential job functions as directed by the Director.
Other duties as assigned.
Required Education, Experience, Skills and Attitudes:
• Project a professional image and provide outstanding customer service.
• Make administrative/procedural decisions and judgments.
• Present strong interpersonal and communication skills.
• Work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
• Examine and re-engineer operations and procedures, and formulate policies.
• Develop and implement new strategies and procedures.
• Supervise and train staff, including organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments.
• Keep commitments, meet deadlines and achieve demanding results.
• Organize and execute around multiple priorities.
• Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
• Demonstrate excellent listening skills, to include listening not only for content but for motive.
• Cooperate and collaborate as a member of a team.
• Use Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint to prepare and maintain records, correspondence, reports and other data.
• Embrace and demonstrate on an ongoing basis Daymar’s Mission, Vision, Four Agreements, and the Customer Service Pledge to Students.
• Embrace and demonstrate on an ongoing basis Daymar’s core values of Continuous Improvement, Excellence, Innovation, Integrity, Respect, Service, Teamwork and Having Fun.
||Education: High school diploma or G.E.D. required.
Experience and Licensure: Five years tractor-trailer over-the-road driving experience; Knowledge of current state and federal regulations relating to the trucking industry; Positive instructional experience preferred.
Physical Requirements: Ability to read and comprehend varied and extensive written documents, regulations and reference material. Must meet all standards under FMCSA Part 391 – Qualifications of Drivers and Part 382 – Controlled substances and Alcohol Use &Testing.
Requires lifting, handling and carrying such articles as books, manuals, files, chains, binders and equipment utilized in the instruction of commercial vehicle operators. Must be willing and able to work outdoors in all weather conditions.
Mental Requirements: Moderate to extreme. Frequent deadlines requiring concentrated effort and extended work schedule. Must work on a variety of projects at the same time. Must deal with major issues and problems which can create high stress.
Other Standards: Ability to project and maintain a positive and professional image through participation in staff meetings, in-service education, and selected professional growth meetings, training and activities. Ability to confer and work cooperatively with
The purpose of this job description is to document the Major Responsibility Areas (MRAs) and key duties normally required of this position. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only responsibilities or duties to be performed by
incumbents. Associates are expected to follow all job related instructions and perform any other duties assigned by their supervisor(s).
Daymar is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate with regard to employment, promotion, pay or place of work because of race, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, disability, or age. Employment with Daymar does not constitute
a contract for any specific period of time and any associate is free to resign at any time, with or without a reason, just as Daymar may end an associate’s employment at any time, with or without a reason. Daymar will, in compliance with the ADA, accommodate
essential job functions whenever feasible.
||Send This Job to a Friend