||Daymar College - Nashville
||We appreciate your interest in Daymar Colleges Group, LLC’s employment opportunities. At Daymar Colleges Group LLC, “We Change Lives One Person at a Time”.
What to Expect with the Online Application process:
Before you begin the online application process, be sure to:
-Allow up to 20 minutes to complete the online application.
-Have your e-mail address and an up-loadable version of your resume ready.
-Once you have up-loaded your resume, please complete a short questionnaire that will vary in length based upon the position.
Applications are accepted only for currently available job openings. If you are a current Daymar Colleges Group, LLC Associate, please use the UltiPro system via the “My Company” tab so that the recruiting department recognizes you as an internal candidate.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Daymar Colleges Group, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate with regard to employment, promotion, pay or place of work because of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, disability or age. Employment with the Company
does not constitute a contract for any specific period of time. Any Associate is free to resign at any time with or without a reason, just as the Company may end an Associate’s employment at any time with or without a reason. The Company will, in compliance
with the ADA, and in response to our dedication to the employment of qualified individuals with disabilities, accommodate essential job functions whenever feasible.
||MRA #1. Classroom Instruction. Conducts classroom and lab activities according to program requirements to ensure that students acquire the personal, interaction and professional/vocational skills to be effective in the career they have chosen to pursue.
• Creates a classroom environment that is conducive to student learning
• Uses adult learning and latest instructional methods
• Develops and/or updates course syllabi
• Recommends teaching materials, including textbooks, training aids, etc.
• Recognizes and responds effectively to different learning abilities of individual students
• Develops and administers classroom assignments that are relevant, fair and professional
• Develops and administers tests that are relevant, fair and professional
• Records and reports student grades to the Registrar within 24 hours of completion
MRA #2. Student Relations. Serves as a mentor, develops and maintains positive and professional relationships with students in order to monitor and resolve students’ concerns.
• Is available, approachable and makes time for students inside and outside the classroom to address any concerns they may have
• Encourages, advises and works with students to ensure they understand difficult subject matter, complete assignments and properly prepare for tests.
• Relates personal, interpersonal and vocational problems and solutions that arise in the classroom to on-the-job realities.
• Works closely with Student Services and other functional areas to direct students to appropriate resources to resolve personal and academic issues
MRA #3. Campus and Community Involvement. Participates in activities and meetings in order to stay informed of current private and political events that will foster professional growth.
• Reads current professional periodicals and keeps abreast of current developments in field(s) of expertise
• Attends job-related seminars and workshops
• Maintains memberships in professional organizations
• Assists in securing community leaders, knowledgeable professionals and employees to serve on the Advisory Board of academic programs in order to create and maintain a positive and visible image
• Attends graduation previews, graduations, meetings and other school-related functions
• Keeps active in the community and seeks ways to attract community, business and other, special interest leaders and people to visit the Campus
MRA #4. Title IV Compliance. Tracks and monitors student attendance and other student information to ensure that the College remains in compliance with Company policies, Title IV and other regulatory agency requirements.
• Records attendance and class absences In CampusVue within the first twenty minutes of class commencement
• Checks email prior to class commencement for student messages regarding attendance
• Calls absent students during the same class period of absence in order to assist them in finding a way to attend that class
• Provides students who are absent with information on the class topic, including any handouts, assignments, etc.
• Reports student absences to the Director of Education on a daily basis
• Participates in weekly Student Status Meetings to review and plan action to address students ‘at-risk’ of withdrawing
• Holds weekly meetings with Lead Instructors and Student Services Coordinator to discuss solutions for students ‘at-risk’ of withdrawing and to develop plans to retain students
• Communicates daily with Lead Instructors, the Student Services Coordinator and other pertinent staff and faculty to identify reasons and find solutions to help students attend classes and avoid having to withdraw
• Maintains awareness and keeps updated on FERPA guidelines
• Maintains knowledge of College Catalogs’ policies and forwards needs for change(s) to the Academic Coordinator
• Enters all student communications into Contact Manager section of CampusVue, ensuring that all entries are legal and professionally written
||IV. Job Requirements: The following job requirements represent minimum levels of education, experience and competencies/abilities needed to perform this job successfully:
1. Education: Master's Degree required, preferrably in Psychology or Master's with 18 credits in Psychology.
2. Experience: A minimum of three years of relevant and related practical work experience in field of instruction. Experience in an academic setting preferred.
3. Competencies: Incumbent must (be) able to:
• Project a professional image and provide outstanding customer service
• Keep commitments, meet deadlines and achieve demanding results
• Organize and execute around multiple priorities
• Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
• Speak effectively to both large and small groups of people
• Demonstrate excellent listening skills, to include listening not only for content but for motive
• Cooperate and collaborate as a member of a team
• Use Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint to prepare and maintain records, correspondence, reports and other data
• Develop and present educational materials in an engaging manner
• Embrace and demonstrate on an ongoing basis the Company’s core values of Continuous Improvement, Excellence, Innovation, Integrity, Respect, Service, Teamwork and Having Fun.
4. Physical and Mental Requirements:
Physical Requirements: While performing the duties of this job, the associate is required to have normal physical mobility. This job requires normal hand-eye coordination, arm, hand and finger dexterity, to include the ability to grasp, and read and understand
information. The associate frequently is required to sit, reach with hands and arms, talk and hear.
Mental Requirements: The associate must be alert and attentive; able to read, comprehend and understand information, and the associate must be able to remember locations, names, people and other important information.
Environment: This job is normally performed in a clean, well-lighted, heated and cooled office area/classroom.
The purpose of this job description is to document the Major Responsibility Areas (MRAs) and key Duties normally required of this position. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only responsibilities or duties to be performed by
incumbents. Associates are expected to follow all job related instructions and perform any other duties assigned by their supervisor(s).
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate with regard to employment, promotion, pay or place of work because of race, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, disability or age. Employment with the Company does not constitute
a contract for any specific period of time and any associate is free to resign at any time, with or without a reason, just as the Company may end an associate’s employment at any time, with or without a reason. The Company will, in compliance with the ADA,
accommodate essential job functions whenever feasible.
||Send This Job to a Friend