||Building Technician III
POSITION SUMMARY Responsible for building maintenance, preventative maintenance and repairs including but not limited to HVAC, electrical, plumbing, lighting and life safety systems. Maintain positive communications and exceptional follow-up with building
tenants. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS 1. Perform preventative maintenance, troubleshoot and repair building systems including plumbing, mechanical, HVAC and electrical systems. 60% 2. Operate HVAC systems and make adjustments to building automation systems (BAS or
EMS or ATC). 20% 3. Report and recommend modifications and repairs to Chief Building Technician on all building systems related issues. 10% 4. Monitor agreed upon responsibilities of subcontractors performing maintenance or repairs. 10% SECONDARY RESPONSIBILITIES
• Perform the duties of a Building Technician II as required. • Assist with set-up and take down of special events. • Maintain all tools, parts and supplies in an organized manner. Inform the Chief Engineer of any needs for replacement, restocking or repair
of items. • Perform other job-related duties as assigned. QUALIFICATIONS Education High school diploma or equivalent. Additional vocational coursework in HVAC, electricity, plumbing or other relevant areas preferred. Further Training • Universal CFC certified.
• State Certified Journeyman’s license or equivalent. Professional Experience Minimum of five years relevant work experience working as a technician in one or more of the following areas: HVAC, plumbing, electrical, plumbing or mechanical. Computer Skills
• Basic PC skills and ability to learn company specific software. • Ability to adapt to new or changing software programs. • Proficiency in automated work order systems preferred. Mobility N/A Other Requirements • Ability to routinely perform on call and off
hour duty including evenings, weekends and holidays and to be available and respond accordingly during these periods when so assigned. • Proficient knowledge and troubleshooting capability of all types of commercial building systems. • Must be able to read
trade related electrical, mechanical and plumbing drawings and internal wiring schematics. • Must possess a valid driver’s license and ability to operate a motor vehicle. • Good verbal and written communication skills. • Strong organizational skills. • Strong
customer service focus and interpersonal skills to effectively interact with tenants, suppliers and other technicians. • Knowledge of energy management systems and building VAV systems. • May be required to carry and maintain appropriate government credentials.
- Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
- The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure
is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41
||Send This Job to a Friend