||Senior Interior Designer - Portfolio Manager
Responsible for management and the provision of design services for the following:
• Company Investments
o An assigned/agreed upon concentrated portfolio or grouping of property assets
o And secondarily supporting the same work role as needed anywhere in COPT’s entire portfolio.
• Work Focus Areas
o Tenant leasing and associated space improvements
o Secondarily: support includes but is not limited to: capex, corporate, opex, re-development, etc.
Oversee all phases of design, ensure high standards are upheld including service delivery and design integrity while creating value for our assets and company. Senior Interior Designer is responsible for participating in the development of and executing strategies
which support leasing activities and the related tenant space improvements; execute design projects in a broad range of use types for commercial office spaces. Collaboratively maintain the quality of our real estate assets and apply standards appropriate to
each portfolio and market. Successfully partner with corporate and external resources to execute on the work. Continually strive to improve the overall quality of the Customer’s Experience.
1. Design Services - Due Diligence, Master Planning, Space Planning, Schematic Design, Design Development, Construction Documentation and Administration: Provide leadership and management of, as well as self performance of, design services supporting position
Provide portfolio and task level design services:
• Ensure conceptualization, documentation and execution of design for innovative, sustainable spaces that meet customer needs and enhance customer brand and image while adhering to prescribed schedule, budget and quality parameters.
• Collaborate with co-workers as well as industry experts to continually determine best practices for workplace design as well as industry practices for the execution of design services inclusive of design related technology.
• Provide as well as ensure space, suite, floor, building, and overall portfolio level square footage integrity
• Manage building and portfolio level design and building component information to provide integrity of and access to the building information needed to effectively execute design related services inclusive of the availability of as-existing building data.
2 Workflow and Resource Management set goals and implement workflow and consultant development plans which ensure quality customer experiences. Measure performance, provide feedback to consultants
• Identify and effectively manage Consultant/Vendor/Contractors inclusive of identification, evaluation, selection, scope and fee negotiation, oversight and management to ensure successful execution of services supporting responsible body of work. Can include:
Interior Designers, Architects, Engineers, and other external consultants as well as ‘floating’ design team and other COPT associates as available.
• Work with Construction Project Management/Estimating /Asset Management to develop budgets and schedules which meet or exceed project objectives.
• Work with Property Operations to ensure best possible building operational integrity and lifecycle maintenance
• Resolve workflow, resource, design and other technical issues between all parties.
• Align workload and resources; prioritizing and directing project schedules, assessing future program needs and maintaining appropriate balance of qualified resources to execute workload.
• Actively incorporates design and creativity charetting, research and professional and technical development into workflow
Communication and Reporting:
• Ensure that project status and performance data are accurately and effectively communicated, captured, and reported to the designated stakeholders.
• The methodology and documentation utilized for communications and reporting are performed in alignment with COPT values, branding and current Delegation of Authority (DOA) and document retention guidelines.
• Ability to effectively report this information both up and down within COPT, across the organization, as well as outside of the organization.
3.0 Customization: Subject Matter Expert, Specialty Focus, Direct Reports and Other Identified Additional Levels of Responsibility:
Position responsibilities may vary based on the incorporation of and continual successful performance in the following work focus areas. For each Customization feature there will be an assigned/agreed upon level of accountability as well as additional experience
3.1 Supervisor with Direct Report(s) – Provide management and leadership guidance to direct reports. Responsible for the direct report(s) technical and professional development, workload management, successful execution of work, and continual assimilation to
Department and COPT as an effective and productive team member.
• Provide communication and reporting to staff on a regularly scheduled basis addressing Company and Departmental policy and initiatives in addition to project and performance metrics.
Number of team members, work scope and complexity may vary in addition to the level of experience with the same in this role.
3.2 Regional Portfolio – Management of one or more additional portfolio’s that are geographically dispersed such that it requires a distance greater than 3-4+ hour drive or a plane ride’s distance from COPT’s Columbia MD HQ location and the asset density and
project activity basis of that portfolio do not necessitate that design services be supported on a FTE basis from that location.
• Support a regional portfolio in the work focus area of the position.
3.3 Construction Project Management – Provide construction project management in support of the work focus area of the position while continuing to support design only projects. Inclusive of but not limited to:
• Project initiation and planning, assessment and due diligence
• Project budgeting, cost control, scheduling, integration of standards/COPT guidelines and on-going monitoring
• Project quality & safety
Baseline workload to be assessed in comparison to a FTE construction project manager performing in same portfolio/body of work on an equivalent experience achievement level. Reference the position description for Project Manager, Tenant and Interior Renovation
- Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
- The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure
is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41
||Send This Job to a Friend