Responsible for the overall management of assigned staff and properties ensuring that quality customer service is provided and properties operate within the economical operating constraint of the operating budget. Responsible for ensuring that company physical
assets are maintained in good condition.
- Tenant Relations - Manage overall tenant relations, tenant satisfaction and services delivery to tenants. Prepare and submit monthly tenant visit logs in a timely manner as required. Communicate with on-site and/or off-site tenant contacts regularly to
ascertain their level of satisfaction with the building and service. Answer all questions and/or respond to problems and complaints.
- Financial Planning & Accounting - Prepare and submit accurate building operating and capital budgets in a timely manner. Participate in quarterly reforecast process. Implement cost control procedures for operating costs. Monitor all building expenses.
Review and approve invoices. Recommend major operating and capital expenditures for responsible properties. Supervise the preparation of tenant service invoices. Follow up on delinquent tenants and coordinate collection procedures as required. Respond
to Common Area Maintenance (CAM) inquiries.
- Vendor & Subcontractor Relationship Management - Coordinate and facilitate all day-to-day activities between tenants, vendors/subcontractors and property management in assigned properties. Prepare specifications, solicit bids, analyze and approve subcontracts
for building services. Maintain current contract files as prescribed by company contract policies and procedures.
- Operations - Inspect assigned properties on a regular basis to ensure that properties are properly maintained and quality of service is being provided. Review all leases to assure that tenants are receiving the proper level of service and that tenants
are complying with lease terms. Responsible for monitoring reporting of the work order request system. Provide emergency 24-hour on-call service to respond to problems that occur and provide direction to staff and/or subcontractors. Coordinate and facilitate
transition from major projects to operating properties. Manage the implementation of the preventative maintenance program and its operation. Provide regular updates to Asset Management regarding leasing, property status, etc.
- People Management - Develops staffing plans. Responsible for staff management including recruiting/hiring, supervision, disciplinary actions, recognition, salary administration, performance appraisals and terminations. Develops and trains staff to ensure
high skill levels and technical competence. Partners with Human Resources on employee development and planning initiatives. Responsible for the continued awareness of the COPT core values (ISITE).
- Projects & Initiatives - Lead or participate in large projects or business activities. Partner with cross-functional teams to address business opportunities or challenges. Assist in planning, coordination and implementation of organizational activities.
- Assist as needed in due diligence and related requests.
- Provide brokers access to properties when requested. Ensure properties are ready to show to prospective customers.
- Perform other job related duties as assigned.
- Education - B.O.M.A Real Property Administrator designation, I.R.E.M Certified Property Manager designation, other industry related certifications or in lieu of designation a Bachelor degree in Business Administration, Finance, Real Estate or other related
- Further Training - Working knowledge of operations & maintenance systems preferred.
- Professional Experience - Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience. Commercial Property Management experience is preferred. Minimum of 3 years of experience in managing multiple direct reports.
- Computer Skills - PC proficiency including Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.) and ability to learn company specific software. Ability to adapt to new or changing software programs.
- Ability to recognize, diagnose and resolve property operational problems.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to prepare and monitor budgets.
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail.
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to provide leadership, direction and effectively manage a team.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and problem solve.
- Knowledge of leasing and market conditions.
- Ability to be available to be on call and respond at off hours to emergency situations.
- May be required to carry and maintain appropriate government credentials.
- Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
- The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure
is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41
||Send This Job to a Friend