Required to obtain and maintain appropriate government credentials.
Responsible for building maintenance, preventative maintenance and repairs including but not limited to HVAC, electrical, plumbing, lighting and life safety systems. Maintain positive communication and exceptional follow-up with building tenants.
- Perform preventative maintenance, troubleshoot and repair building systems including plumbing, mechanical, HVAC and electrical systems.
- Operate HVAC systems and make adjustments to building automation systems (BAS or EMS or ATC).
- Report ant recommend modifications and repairs to Chief Building Technician on all building systems related issues.
- Monitor agreed upon responsibilities of subcontractors performing maintenance or repairs (quality control).
•Perform the duties of a Building Technician II as required.
•Assist with set-up and take down of special events.
•Maintain all tools, parts and supplies in an organized manner.
•Inform the Chief Building Technician of any needs for replacement, restocking or repair of items. •Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
•High school diploma or equivalent.
• Additional vocational coursework in HVAC, electricity, plumbing or other relevant areas preferred.
•Universal CFC with EPA 608 Certification preferred.
•Texas Journeymen or Masters Indoor Wireman license or equivalent preferred.
•Minimum of five years relevant work experience as a technician in one or more of the following areas: HVAC, plumbing, electrical, or mechanical.
•Basic PC skills and ability to learn company specific software.
•Ability to adapt to new or changing software programs.
•Proficiency in automated work order systems preferred.
•Ability to routinely perform on call and off hour duty including evenings, weekends and holidays and to be available and respond accordingly during these periods when assigned.
• Proficient knowledge and troubleshooting capability of all types of commercial building systems.
• Must be able to read trade related electrical, mechanical and plumbing drawings and internal wiring schematics.
•Must possess a valid driver’s license and ability to operate a motor vehicle.
•Good verbal and written communication skills.
•Strong organizational skills.
•Strong customer service focus and interpersonal skills to effectively interact with tenants, suppliers and other technicians
•Strong knowledge of energy management systems and building VAV systems.
•Able to occasionally life heavy objects and exert sustained physical effort over a long period of time. Must be able to access and inspect building and grounds including climbing ladders, stairwells, rooftops, confined areas, etc.
•Required to obtain and maintain appropriate government credentials.