*TS clearance required and willingness to upgrade to TS-SCI*
Responsible for the day-to-day building operations including responding to tenant requests, performing repairs and maintenance of building systems. Maintain positive communication and exceptional follow-up with building tenants.
1. Perform repairs and adjustments to building systems including HVAC, plumbing, mechanical, electrical and finishes. Perform basic preventative building maintenance. Coordinate and monitor access for subcontractors performing maintenance or repair work.
Repair locks and cylinders. 60%
2. Inspect and maintain overall building and grounds appearance to ensure a high standard of quality. Inspect and evaluate all building systems on a daily basis. Maintain daily records of building operation. Advise Chief Building Technician of major problems
and recommend basic corrective actions. 20%
3. Assume day-to-day security needs of building. Investigate alarm sequences, unauthorized entry/vandalism and life/safety situations. 20%
SECONDARY RESPONSIBILITIES • Perform the duties of a Building Technician I as required. • Assist with set-up and take down of special events. • Maintain all tools, parts and supplies in an organized manner. Inform the Chief Building Technician of any needs
for replacement, restocking or repair of items. • Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS Education High school diploma or equivalent. Further Training • Vocational training preferred. • CFC certificate and apprentice license preferred. Professional Experience Minimum of three years relevant work experience in a facilities, maintenance
or building technician role. Computer Skills • Basic PC skills and ability to learn company specific software. • Ability to adapt to new or changing software programs. • Proficiency in automated work order systems preferred. Mobility N/A Other Requirements
• Ability to routinely perform on call and off hour duty including evenings, weekends and holidays and to be available and respond accordingly during these periods when so assigned. • Must possess a valid driver’s license and ability to operate a motor vehicle.
• Basic knowledge of mechanical, electrical, plumbing, systems, control and construction. • Good verbal and written communication skills. • Strong organizational skills. • Strong customer service focus and interpersonal skills to effectively interact with
tenants, suppliers and other technicians • Ability to understand and utilize various testing devices. • Basic knowledge of energy management systems and building VAV systems. • May be required to carry and maintain appropriate government credentials.