||Building Technician I
Assist with monitoring and maintaining quality appearance and operation of property. Respond to minor repairs and maintenance items as directed. Maintain positive communications and exceptional follow-up with building tenants.
1. Assist with minor building repairs including, but not limited to, carpentry and painting; installing hardware, changing light bulbs, changing filters, cleaning coils and equipment and providing re-keying and key cutting for tenants.
2. Inspect premises on daily basis. Remove all debris, clean walks and other areas as necessary. Maintain interior and exterior appearance of building as required.
3. Assist with assigned building systems preventive maintenance. Report identified building problems to the Chief Building Technician. Coordinate and monitor access for subcontractors performing maintenance or repair work.
•Aid and assist with special events.
•Assist with day-to-day security needs of building. Investigate alarm sequences, unauthorized entry/vandalism and life/safety situations.
•Maintain all tools, parts and supplies in an organized manner. Inform the Chief Building Technician of any needs for replacement, restocking or repair of items.
•Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
•High school diploma or equivalent.
•Vocational training preferred.
•CFC certificate and apprentice license preferred.
•Minimum of one year work experience in similar field and/or completion of approved vocational training at recognized technical school.
•Ability to learn basic computer skills.
•Ability to routinely perform off-hour duty including evenings, weekends and holidays and to be available and respond accordingly during these periods when so assigned.
•Must possess a valid driver’s license and ability to operate a motor vehicle.
•Basic knowledge of general maintenance.
•Good verbal, written, interpersonal and organizational skills.
•Ability to follow written and verbal direction.
•Strong customer service focus and interpersonal skills to effectively interact with tenants, suppliers and other technicians
•Ability to develop troubleshooting and analytical skills.
•May be required to carry and maintain appropriate government credentials.
- Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
- The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure
is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41
||Send This Job to a Friend