CCRC is looking for a Case Specialist who can juggle a caseload and provide support to parents and providers regarding child care options and access to community resources.
At CCRC we believe in teamwork, having fun and achieving success. That is where you come in…we believe our Center Directors, Teachers and Administrative Staff are the cornerstone of our success and as a
Case Specialist at CCRC, you play a key role in guaranteeing that success continues by using your skills to help our families reach their goals.
Under general supervision, Case Specialist will assist parents participating in California subsidized child care programs (including CalWORKS Stage 1, CalWORKs Stage 2, CalWORKs Stage 3, and Alternative Payment) with child
To be successful, you will need:
Associate’s Degree in the field of Psychology, Sociology, Child Development, Social Work, Human Services, Family Studies, or related field or 2 years equivalent related work experience. Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
Related work experience in Child Development, Social Work, Psychology, Human Services, Family Studies, Sociology or related field.
Strong interpersonal skills; the ability to honor confidentiality, and work sensitively and supportively with participating families.
Demonstrated proficiency and experience with Windows-based programs and data entry.
Flexibility, maturity of judgment and ability to work collegially.
Strong organizational skills and the ability to complete projects under tight deadlines, even when there are competing requirements and changes in assignments.
Ability to delegate and direct the work of others to ensure timely workflow processes and program compliance.
Experience working with families and children at risk of abuse or neglect, a plus.
Ability to converse, write and/or translate in Spanish strongly preferred.
Automobile, California Driver’s License and auto liability insurance required.
Ability to maintain cooperative, diplomatic working relationships with co-workers, supervisors, and the public to work as part of a team, and collaborate with colleagues.
Ability to maintain all assigned workflow and a high level of customer satisfaction in a fast paced working environment.
Keys areas of responsibility include the ability to:
Within the team structure, provide case management services to families enrolled in subsidized child care programs, which include the following responsibilities:
- Receive and process documentation submitted by families and child care providers, in a timely manner and according to program regulations and guidelines.
- Conduct face-to-face meetings, both scheduled and by walk-in, with families and child care providers in order to receive and process documentation
and/or discuss changes in the family’s case.
- Review family cases and request appropriate documentation to maintain family eligibility and program compliance.
- Certify and re-certify families within specified timeframes; including families with special circumstances, such as CPS.
- Develop and maintain accurate, legible and complete written records of families’ program activity.
- Ensure the proper maintenance of family case files through properly reviewing, updating and filing information and documentation provided by the family.
- Provide eligibility tracking (e.g., student parents, variable work schedule and self-employed parents, CPS parents, terminating families, families
in local/state appeals, siblings on waiting lists, CalWORKS participants).
- Complete case management tasks to ensure that child care contracting is completed in an accurate and timely fashion.
- Work together with staff from other agencies, including Department of Children and Family Services, for the benefit of participating families.
- Provide support and technical assistance, as needed, to parents and providers, regarding child care options and locating and accessing community resources.
- Develop and maintain knowledge of program regulations, guidelines and funding terms and conditions necessary for performance of responsibilities.
- All other duties that may be required, as part of the essential functions of the job, as assigned.
CCRC offers a comprehensive employee benefits package which includes:
Medical, Dental and Vision insurance, Life and Long Term Disability insurance, 403(b) plan, Flexible Spending Accounts, Paid
Holidays including Winter Break, Paid Time Off, plus many other supplemental benefits such as, Credit Union membership and Professional Development Opportunities.