We are looking for a Child Care Advisor with a proven track record of
case management and social service experience. At CCRC we believe in
teamwork, having fun and achieving success. You could play a key role in guaranteeing that success continues by using your skills to support families locating and selecting child care providers and services.
General Summary: Responsible for providing comprehensive child care intake services at District and Regional offices of the County Department of Public Social Services, or at CCRC main office, for Cal-WORKs Participants, and insures that
parents are given appropriate information regarding choosing child care and referrals to providers.
To be successful, you will need:
· Associate’s Degree in the field of Psychology, Sociology, Child Development, Social Work, Human Services, Family Studies or related filed (as approved) or 2 years equivalent related work experience. Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
· Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to honor confidentiality.
· Will be expected to have & perform at the Basic Computed and Data Entry skill levels (typing of 35 wpm with a maximum of 5% errors, Alphanumeric data entry of 5000 kph with a maximum of 5% errors.) Experience and training with the county GEARS system
is a plus.
· Public speaking and presentation skills preferred. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to converse, write and/or translate in Spanish as well as English, required.
· Ability to work sensitively and supportively with the public.
· Flexibility, maturity of judgment and ability to work working independently and in a group setting.
· Excellent organizational abilities.
· Valid California Driver’s License, reliable vehicle, automobile insurance and a clean driving record required.
· Ability to maintain cooperative, diplomatic working relationships with co-workers, supervisors, and the public; work as part of a team and collaborate with colleagues; and complete projects under tight deadlines even when there are competing requirements
and changes in assignments.
Keys areas of responsibility include the ability to:
· Maintain knowledge of program regulations, guidelines, funding terms and conditions for Cal-WORKs and related programs, necessary for performance of responsibilities. With minimal supervision; assess participant’s eligibility criteria for the program
and work collaboratively with multiple departments to ensure that all regulations are followed.
· Conduct one-on-one and group presentations to Cal WORKs participants regarding child care (i.e., program overview, parental choice and education, types of child care, and eligibility issues).
· Ensure all work to be performed under our co-location agreement is performed in a highly efficient and effective manner.
· Verify participant eligibility in County GEARS system. Identify Stage I and Stage II components.
· Enter data regarding family information in NOHO and GEARS programs for Stage I and Stage II participants.
· Generate and print referrals, if available. Provide enhanced referrals for Stage I following all established guidelines.
· Complete intake documents for participants requesting referrals and child care services.
· Assemble and forward participant documents daily to CCRC, by facsimile and mail.
· Review and complete assigned contract compliance components.
· Travel to designated site visits on a weekly basis as required by contract.
CCRC is a one of the largest and widely respected non-profits in California. We cultivate child, family and community well-being through our creative, informative and supportive programs and services. Our 700+ member team serves over 35,000
children and families each month in Northern Los Angeles and San Bernardino Counties.
CCRC offers a comprehensive employee benefits package which includes: Medical, Dental and Vision insurance, Life and Long Term Disability insurance, 403(b) plan, Flexible Spending Accounts, Paid Holidays including Winter Break, Paid Time
Off, plus many other supplemental benefits such as, Credit Union membership and Professional Development Opportunities.
CCRC will consider for employment qualified applicants with Criminal Histories in a manner consistent with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.