Jump to navigation
Working at Capgemini
Your Career Path
What our people say
How we work
Analyst & Advisor Center
Financial News & Events
Browse Open Jobs
Search Open Jobs
Edit Your Profile
View Submitted Applications
Oracle Database Administrator
Capgemini Government Solutions’ team in Arlington, VA is growing! We’re seeking highly motivated and qualified individuals for the position of Oracle Database Administrator (DBA) who will directly support the success of our client’s mission.
The Oracle Database Administrator (DBA) is responsible for administration, development, testing, and demonstration of each database. The DBA responsible for performing database functions across one or more engineering teams or clients, including designing, implementing and maintaining new databases, backup/recovery and configuration management, as well as performance tuning. The primary role of the DBA will have an emphasis on developing and standing up new implementations as well as being a resource who can proactively identify and resolve issues and risks.
• Experience in database-related Service Operations
• Working knowledge of Technology architecture, Technology configuration and deployment
• Ability to identify and communicate issues and risks to the team lead or end user to facilitate timely resolution
• At least 5 years of DBA experience (Oracle)
• 3+ years of PL/SQL experience.
• Experience working in a UNIX/Linux development environment
• Experience with packaged applications (Pega and/or Documentum)
• Experience working with requirements management tools
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems, systems engineering, computer network engineering, or other related area or four years of additional work experience in lieu of a degree
• U.S. Citizenship
• Oracle DB Certification
• Experience with Data Modeling tools
• Previous experience with Oracle 11g RAC and DataGuard
• 6 + years’ experience in ORACLE 10g/11g PL/SQL programming
• Operating Systems - *NIX systems (Linux, Solaris, AIX, HP-UX)
• Performance Tuning using 11g Oracle Grid Control
Capgemini, one of the world's foremost providers of consulting, technology, and outsourcing services, enables its clients to transform and perform through technologies. With more than 190,000 people, Capgemini is present in over 40 countries and celebrates its 50th Anniversary year in 2017. A global leader in consulting, technology and outsourcing services, the Group reported 2016 global revenues of $13.25 billion. Together with its clients, Capgemini creates and delivers business, technology and digital solutions that fit their needs, enabling them to achieve innovation and competitiveness.
Capgemini Government Solutions, LLC (Capgemini GS) is a subsidiary of Capgemini focused on providing high quality Capgemini services to the U.S. Federal Government. Learn more about us at www.capgemini-gs.com.
Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Send This Job to a Friend
The fate of Europe’s net neutrality is being decided now https://t.co/AJXfRLzN3x #contentloop
Are you ready for Autonomics #DevOps? #Autonomixer https://t.co/oWg3ZDsAXe
Video: Is your business still planning shipments manually? Save time & money with TMS NOW https://t.co/K1asTkVrys Come to #OOW15 booth 911
Lean Start-up approach can stimulate collaboration between teams and generate new ideas https://t.co/QoOZgBmRMH
follow us :