Jump to navigation
Working at Capgemini
Your Career Path
What our people say
How we work
Analyst & Advisor Center
Financial News & Events
Browse Open Jobs
Search Open Jobs
Edit Your Profile
View Submitted Applications
Capgemini Government Solutions’ team in Arlington, VA is growing! We’re seeking highly motivated and qualified individuals for the position of Linux Administrator who will directly support the success of our client’s mission.
The Linux Administrator provides support to private cloud environments and technologies for the operations. Work closely with agile development and application teams for private cloud platform support. Collaborate with architects, engineering, managers, application and infrastructure teams to plan and coordinate changes. Supports ongoing development and testing activities, identifying potential area of improvements, implementing such changes and maintaining system configurations, all while continually performing recurring patch management to maintain systems within client defined guidelines. The administrator will also:
• Manage virtual servers running Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.x, Windows 2012, and virtual desktops running Windows 10 across multiple environments.
• Configure services and provide remote/onsite technical support for multiple platforms.
• Manage user accounts and permissions.
• Monitor system performance and troubleshoot failed services.
• Maintain configuration baseline of each environment.
• Analyze, test and deploy Operating System patches across all environments.
• Support server security and scans.
• Windows Admin experience is a plus.
• Develop scripts to automate services as needed.
• U.S. citizenship
• Ability to obtain a Government security clearance
• 3+ years of experience leading the interface architecture of complex delivery efforts
• Development in a DevOps environment
• Large-scale network design experience
• Experience with major Internet routing protocols, network hardware and packet forwarding architectures
• Proven ability to assume responsibility for more than one major initiative and prioritize work based on program schedules and deadlines
• Bachelor’s degree (or 4 additional years in lieu of degree) in Information Technology, Computer Science, Information Systems, Management or related field
• MS Windows administration experience
• Strong knowledge of database development and utilities (TOAD/SQL PLUS)
Capgemini, one of the world's foremost providers of consulting, technology, and outsourcing services, enables its clients to transform and perform through technologies. With more than 190,000 people, Capgemini is present in over 40 countries and celebrates its 50th Anniversary year in 2017. A global leader in consulting, technology and outsourcing services, the Group reported 2016 global revenues of $13.25 billion. Together with its clients, Capgemini creates and delivers business, technology and digital solutions that fit their needs, enabling them to achieve innovation and competitiveness.
Capgemini Government Solutions, LLC (Capgemini GS) is a subsidiary of Capgemini focused on providing high quality Capgemini services to the U.S. Federal Government. Learn more about us at www.capgemini-gs.com.
Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Send This Job to a Friend
The fate of Europe’s net neutrality is being decided now https://t.co/AJXfRLzN3x #contentloop
Are you ready for Autonomics #DevOps? #Autonomixer https://t.co/oWg3ZDsAXe
Video: Is your business still planning shipments manually? Save time & money with TMS NOW https://t.co/K1asTkVrys Come to #OOW15 booth 911
Lean Start-up approach can stimulate collaboration between teams and generate new ideas https://t.co/QoOZgBmRMH
follow us :