Jump to navigation
Working at Capgemini
Your Career Path
What our people say
How we work
Analyst & Advisor Center
Financial News & Events
Browse Open Jobs
Search Open Jobs
Edit Your Profile
View Submitted Applications
Data Migration Specialist (ETL Developer)
Capgemini Government Solutions’ team in Arlington, VA is growing! We’re seeking highly motivated and qualified individuals for the position of Data Migration Specialist (ETL Developer) who will directly support the success of our client’s mission.
The Data Migration Specialist will create, test and implement migration scripts that are needed to support the target solution. The Data Migration Specialist will leverage his or her experience of working on prior Data Migration / Conversion to help uncover data quality/standardization errors and recommend logic that needs to be applied during Data Migration. The Data Migration Specialist demonstrate knowledge team members on tools such as the SAP data services tool, understand data migration requirements, create/update source-to-target mappings, and assist with the development of migration processes in a dynamic and fast paced environment on an Agile Kanban team. The developer also:
• Designs, develops, enhances, debugs, and implements software.
• Troubleshoots production problems related to software applications.
• Researches, tests, builds, and coordinates the conversion and/or integration of new products based on client requirements. Designs and develops new software products or major enhancements to existing software.
• Addresses problems of systems integration, compatibility, and multiple platforms.
• Consults with project teams and end users to identify application requirements.
• Performs feasibility analysis on potential future projects to management.
• Assists in the evaluation and recommendation of application software packages, application integration and testing tools.
• Resolves problems with software and responds to suggestions for improvements and enhancements.
• Instructs, assigns, directs, and checks the work of other software developers on development team.
• Participates in development of software user manuals.
• U.S. citizenship
• Ability to obtain a Government security clearance
• 2-3 years of relevant experience, 5 total years of experience
• PL/SQL scripting
• Strong knowledge of database development and utilities (e.g. TOAD/SQL PLUS)
• Develop data queries for analyzing source data
• Data extraction, transformation and load scripting
• Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Information Systems, Management or related field
• Experience in data modeling using tools (such as Erwin)
• Professional experience in Agile processes
Capgemini, one of the world's foremost providers of consulting, technology, and outsourcing services, enables its clients to transform and perform through technologies. With more than 190,000 people, Capgemini is present in over 40 countries and celebrates its 50th Anniversary year in 2017. A global leader in consulting, technology and outsourcing services, the Group reported 2016 global revenues of $13.25 billion. Together with its clients, Capgemini creates and delivers business, technology and digital solutions that fit their needs, enabling them to achieve innovation and competitiveness.
Capgemini has an entrepreneurial environment that embodies and holds the following stated values close to heart: Honesty, Boldness, Trust, Freedom, Team Spirit, Modesty, and Fun. Moreover, we offer a competitive benefits package that includes Health, Dental, group life, accidental death and dismemberment, short and long-term disability, group automobile, homeowners, and legal plan insurance. Additionally, we offer competitive salaries and a great profit sharing/401K plan.
Send This Job to a Friend
The fate of Europe’s net neutrality is being decided now https://t.co/AJXfRLzN3x #contentloop
Are you ready for Autonomics #DevOps? #Autonomixer https://t.co/oWg3ZDsAXe
Video: Is your business still planning shipments manually? Save time & money with TMS NOW https://t.co/K1asTkVrys Come to #OOW15 booth 911
Lean Start-up approach can stimulate collaboration between teams and generate new ideas https://t.co/QoOZgBmRMH
follow us :