||Sr. Desktop Support Specialist
Hours; Monday through Friday 8am to 4:30 pm
Primary responsibility for Onsite Support Services including, but not limited to Desktop Support, laptop, mobile devices, software, asset management, Network connectivity. Specialists will support customers directly onsite and remote. Windows and MAC environment.
Desktop support specialists are in charge of providing excellent end user experience, which includes resolving potential or actual technical issues. One of their main duties is troubleshooting different software packages, hardware devices, and other peripherals.
Additionally, desktop support specialists configure computer systems according to company policies. They must follow strict privacy regulations when it comes to handling sensitive data inside company drives. They help diagnose problems and follow up to ensure
their resolution. Additional tasks include performing regular maintenance and updating operating systems while minimizing downtime and increasing productivity. They also help with data back-up duties in case of data corruption. These professionals generally
work in an office environment with other specialists and use a personal computer as one of their main tools to report their progress and research possible solutions.
Desktop support specialists must work well with other specialists, including with sharing company resources. They need to work effectively on their own as well and be detail oriented. They must be able to multitask and work under deadlines to complete support
tickets. They should have excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate technical problems and instructions to end users in terms that are easy to understand.
A bachelor's degree in information technology or a related field is necessary for this position. Additional industry certifications and customer oriented working experience may be preferred. They should have advanced knowledge of different operating systems
and network solutions. Must have at least three years experience working on desktop support role, not just phone support.
• Troubleshoot and resolve customer support issues onsite and remote
• Ensure support tickets are resolved in accordance with Service Level Agreements and customer policy / procedures
• Configure hardware / software to customer specifications
• Identify continuous improvement opportunities with processes / support issues.
• Create support documents as required.
• Deliver support for reported problems with desktop computers, laptops, peripherals and mobile devices.
• Install and configure desktop computer hardware, software and peripherals using standard procedures.
• Work with vendors to troubleshoot and resolve issues.
• Create and maintain a variety of computer images for Windows and MAC systems.
• Evaluate new product versions and recommend upgrade schedules.
• Set up and troubleshoot domains, user accounts and software accounts.
• Configure, test, and troubleshoot network connectivity and wireless access for local and remote computers or devices.
• Add or replace memory, new keyboards, motherboards, and other components.
• Format, install, set up, maintain, and troubleshoot desktop and laptop computers with and for end users.
• Coordinate with vendors to resolve problems.
• Must be able to lift 50 lbs
• Maintain asset inventory
||See job description
- Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
- The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure
is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41
||Send This Job to a Friend