||Sr. Desktop Support Specialist
||Primary responsibility for Windows Desktop Support, laptop, mobile devices, software, Network connectivity. Specialists will support customers directly onsite and remote. Windows environments, MAC a plus.
Core hours: 9 hour shift (less lunch); 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Friday
Desktop support specialists are in charge of providing excellent end user experience, which includes resolving potential or actual technical issues. Main duties include: troubleshooting different software packages, hardware devices, and other peripherals. Additionally,
desktop support specialists configure computer systems according to company policies. Follow strict privacy regulations in handling sensitive data on company drives. Help diagnose problems and follow up to ensure resolution.
Additional tasks include performing regular maintenance and updating operating systems while minimizing downtime and increasing productivity. They also help with data back-up duties in case of data corruption. You must have experience working in a Corporate
Professional office environment with other specialists and use a personal computer as one of their main tools to report their progress and research possible solutions.
Desktop support specialists must work well with other specialists, including with sharing company resources. Need to work effectively on their own as well and be detail oriented. Must be able to multitask and work under deadlines to complete support tickets.
Should have excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate technical problems and instructions to end users in terms that are easy to understand.
A bachelor's degree in information technology or a related field is necessary for this position. Additional industry certifications and customer oriented working experience may be preferred. They should have advanced knowledge of different operating systems
and network solutions.
• Troubleshoot and resolve customer support issues onsite and remote
• Ensure support tickets are resolved in accordance with Service Level Agreements and customer policy / procedures
• Configure hardware / software to customer specifications
• Identify continuous improvement opportunities with processes / support issues.
• Create support documents as required.
• Deliver support for reported problems with desktop computers, laptops, peripherals and mobile devices.
• Install and configure desktop computer hardware, software and peripherals using standard procedures.
• Work with vendors to troubleshoot and resolve issues.
• Work with a variety of computer images for Windows and Mac OS systems.
• Evaluate new product versions and recommend upgrade schedules.
• Set up and troubleshoot domains, user accounts and software accounts.
• Configure, test, and troubleshoot network connectivity and wireless access for local and remote computers or devices.
• Add or replace memory, new keyboards, motherboards, and other components.
• Format, install, set up, maintain, and troubleshoot desktop and laptop computers with and for end users.
• Coordinate with vendors to resolve problems.
• Must be able to lift 50 lbs
• Maintain asset inventory
• Employees are responsible for familiarizing themselves with and complying with all Astadia policies, procedures, and standards including those dealing with information security (ISMS). Specifically, employees are also responsible for reporting any Security
violations to their site’s Security Coordinator or the Director of Information Security. ISMS training will be provided to new employees and periodically to all employees.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to
lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand on a stool as necessary.
Disclaimer: This document describes the minimum, essential duties, responsibilities, skills, abilities, effort, and working conditions of the position. It in no way implies that these are the only functions to be performed by the incumbent. Workers are required
to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any job-related functions requested by a supervisor or manager. Successful performance requires that the incumbent possess and utilize the abilities and skills described. All functions are subject
to reasonable modification to accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some functions may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or others.
ASTADIA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
FEMALES, MINORITIES, VETERANS, DISABLED AND OTHER PROTECTED GROUPS
||See Job Description
- Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
- The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure
is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41
||Send This Job to a Friend